Sign in to follow this  
kulgan

Clay bars.

Does anybody know where I can buy a decent sized detailers clay bar?

The last one I bought was about the size of a block of butter and it's lasted me for years.

Now all I can find is a block about the size of a very small bar of soap(same as the motels give ya) included with a lubrication spray all for the grand price of about 60 bucks. What a rip off.

All I want is a decent sized block of clay. I dont want to buy so called lubrication spray with it.lol

The others seem to be 50 gram bars, like you say a small bar of soap. Pacer have 185 gram size, is this what you had?

http://www.pacer.co.nz/shop/product_info.php?products_id=542

Id be in for a group buy if this is a good one? 12 @ $53 each

Count me in for a group buy :)

I wanted to have a go with clay bars but never used them before. Is it similar to very fine wet sanding (like 2000+ grit)?

I wanted to have a go with clay bars but never used them before. Is it similar to very fine wet sanding (like 2000+ grit)?

Not really, like running putty over the car which feels kinda weird when you do it, great way to remove water spotting on surface and windows, needs some lubrication to work well, usually water spray.

You tube it, not hard to do though

Edited by Breaker

Yeah, thats more like it. Good find.

I'm in for a group buy.

Cool ok, your in! Ive got a group buy post on the for sale section

We have a couple of different grades of clay bar available. See www.unitedcarcare.co.nz for more info. Only use blue grade if you're polishing afterwards, it's too heavy otherwise.

If you just use water with clay you'll more often than not end up with a whole lot of residue. Best use a dedicated clay lube.