Sign in to follow this  
gjm

KYB suspension

Anyone got any experience, good or bad, of KYB shocks? Looking to partner with Vogtland springs.

Not for the 320d, just for a hopefully economic solution for someone who has little money and soggy bouncy bits.

Thanks Ron.

Konis would be my first choice - I prefer them to Bilsteins. I appreciate other folk feel differently.

Good to hear the KYBs aren't complete rubbish. He'd be looking at the more-or-less OEM equivalent units, and not the G2s.

I put a full set of KYBs into my VW Golf A2 GTi 16v. they lasted a year and a half. replaced them with Boge Turbo - ride transformed. Conclusion - the KYBs were sh*t.

I replaced factory oil filled shocks on A32 Maxima with KYB Excel. Stiffened up the ride, improved handling. Were still on it when I sold the car 4 years later.

They're okay. For the effort of changing shocks, and all the cost of mounts, bushes, fasteners etc - I think KYB's are a false economy. I'd be going OEM (Sachs) or Koni or Bilstein.

my $0.02 worth.