Sign in to follow this  
BMTHUG

My oh My.this old girl so fly

wow great find! a bit expensive no? even though it must be super rare, will need a super keen person to buy it at that price imo

• Like 1

Not worth more than 5k...if that.

Huge money for that car. Still, gotta try. You can always come down on price but it's a lot harder to increase it.

You could easily spent more than that on a doer upper 2002. Quite a unique car !

• Like 1

good price i reckon

I like the little sections that give the rear a flat floor with the seats folded... a lot of modern manufacturers could learn a thing or two.

Cool car. Someone buy it and put a 13B in it.

• Like 3

a few manufacturers have bee doing that for years.

My Honda has it,

112_0803_10z+2009_honda_fit+hatch_open_s

For that price I'd expect it to be a bit more mint (plenty of signs of minor rust). It seems to be pretty hard to stop them rusting.

Its hard to tell though - price for some older / less common cars has gone pretty mental in recent times.

the question is though, can it command that price just on rarity alone? Dont think ive ever seen a touring around.

Hmm... Miss M wanted something unusual.
This is only 10x what I was thinking of spending, and has none of the modern safety features that might be desirable. Other than that - perfect!

Really nice cars though. I had use of one about... hmm... 28(?) years ago. Great fun to drive.

• Like 1

I think the rarity of this particular vehicle commands a greater asking price than usual. How many of these are still on the road and how many of them are this clean for their age? Let's face it, we live in a country surrounded by water and moisture. Rust is inevitable no matter where you are. Minor rust really wouldn't take much work to nip in the bud. When you think about how much of a classic this is you learn to appreciate it's value. The modern aspects of todays cars are incomparable to this beauty. Shes a cutie and if I had the coin she would be sitting in my garage staying completely stock for Sunday drives only. Ahemm monthly meets haha

Seems right ... its cheaper than say an Rx3 or GTO. spot rust is normal on cars of that age .. its a good sign it means its been used which is better than something sitting around for that price with un-told mechanical issues.

Remember an m325i is commanding 15k upwards these days.

• Like 2

It might be rare and collectible but still looks like a Austin Maxi to me.

austin-maxi-06.jpg

• Like 3

It might be rare and collectible but still looks like a Austin Maxi to me.

Posted Image

Wouldn't mind an austin maxi to be honest. Hahahah

Seriously... They're sh*te.

Still would be a unique car choice. Hahah my grandad used to have one. I used to love the old thing. Kept breaking down though haha

There were millions of them. Their unique now because they're sh*te and haven't survived and no one cares enough to keep them alive.

There were millions of them. Their unique now because they're sh*te and haven't survived and no one cares enough to keep them alive.

Having said that, there is a 100% mint (externally) one that parks in the Hospital car park here every now and then... I'm picking it was someones Grandfathers or something, and drive it in when it's rested long enough between outings.

We all know what colour it is too :lol:

I saw a red one in the car park at Sylvia Park not so long ago, too. About two weeks after I'd seen a red 2002 parked there.

Policemen, buses, and 2002s? :)

• Like 1

One of my co-workers parents have a red one. Looks and sounds amazing whenever they bring it in.