Sign in to follow this  
kulgan

E38 750i refresh/resto log.

fark me thats cheap! Id be on that already if it were local.

lol, NUSTAD pm'd me the link to that one earlier.

It's nice but it's pre facelift so there where heaps of them made. In saying that. It is the first pre facelift 750i I've seen in NZ.. Which is one less than the two facelift 750i's..lol

Someone should offer him 2k for it. Would be a bargain at that price.

The whole waiting a month to take possession of the car might be putting people off, and theyre waiting till close to that date before buying it. It looks to be in great condition.

i wonder if i should offer them a nice 728i swap.

Although i have told myself i wont own a V12 again..

• Like 1

my mate just picked up this one , 2000 nz new 223ks , still has wof and reg , timing chain guide rattle issues.mint car with m-sport options.http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1016240215

Damn damn, missed this :(

my mate just picked up this one , 2000 nz new 223ks , still has wof and reg , timing chain guide rattle issues.

mint car with m-sport options.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1016240215

Yup, if I'd seen that I would have wanted to save it. Far too nice to wreck.

• Like 1

All this interest in E38's

Someone should make me a serious offer on my Individual, number 51 of 113 ever made. :unsure:

• Like 3

Replaced the SRS airbag module and cleared codes. Yayyyy. All went as it should and I now have no airbag warning light.

Lesson learned. Disconnect the battery before removing or unplugging an airbag.

• Like 2

lol, think we have all made that mistake at some point!

• Like 1

yep i did when replacing the window reg a few weeks back, lucky i have a scanner here

• Like 1

I must have done something really wrong because I got the 01 internal control module fault. It stops you from clearing all the codes and the only way to fix it is replace the module.

I was lucky enough to know of a car being wrecked that was the same year and had the same number of airbags.

I'm feeling like a bit of a dumbass at the moment.

The 750i has been off the road for a couple of months because is started running very rough. Based on previous experience I thought these symptoms where related to the intake manifold gaskets.

ha ha.

So a while back the battery went flat and I took one out of a spare car and put that in. Worked well. For a while anyway. The car started running rough so I parked it.

I needed to move it today so went out and ofcourse after sitting so long the battery was dead. I'd charged up the original battery last night and put that in and guess what?

The cars running sweet as.

I should have known from all the reading of done on these that they're very sensitive and a slightly low battery can cause all sorts of problems.

So I've been cruising all day in the 750i with no problems. It's firing on all 12 and super smooth as it should be..

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 4

Decided to complete a long overdue job today and got all the door handle lights working.

post-17205-0-84273500-1461485174_thumb.j

• Like 5

Ohhh noooooo..

I have the dreaded battery drain.

Looks like I'll be spending the weekend trying to find the culprit by pulling fuses one at a time. :huh::wacko:

i found low voltage would make my V12 start on just 6 as well or sometimes it would be a V10 or V9 etc. fully charged battery and always solved it. I just didn't want to face up to spending $400+ on a genuine battery of the correct size.

• Like 1

i found low voltage would make my V12 start on just 6 as well or sometimes it would be a V10 or V9 etc. fully charged battery and always solved it. I just didn't want to face up to spending $400+ on a genuine battery of the correct size.

Yeah. I got the rough cold start sorted with the correct battery. But now the battery is going flat overnight. I've had both batteries(Yup, it has 2 batteries folks) checked and know they're both good so I have a parasitic battery drain.

The car should go into sleep mode 16 minutes after being locked but something's staying on and drawing enough amps to flatten the battery after about 8-10 hours.

I'm hoping it's going to be as simple as the Amp and not something that involves pulling out half the interior. :wacko:

Hedgehog?

• Like 2

I just finished reading through the 21 pages. Interesting journey. Makes me want to go out and buy an old 750 :-)

Kulgan, You're not a fan of Raymond e feist are you?

• Like 1