Sign in to follow this  
Gobby

Homelink

Anyone know the part number for a rear view mirror with Homelink, clown nose and auto dimming to suit my E92? The key being I need the part number of the Mirror with the version of Homelink that will work in New Zealand, which I believe to be the same as what would work in the UK.

Cheers

Mirrors are interchangeable across models

E90 E91 E92 E82 E81 E60 X5 X6 etc.

Search ebay "Bmw rear view mirror homelink" you'll find heaps.

I'm buying one myself soon with high beam assist + homelink + auto dim.

FYI: Homelink from USA will not work in new zealand, and homelink from Europe mirrors will render the remote useless.

Long story short

NZ / USA car mirrors have 315mhz key fobs + 300 range mhz garage opener

Europe car mirrors have 400+ mhz key fobs + 400mhz garage opener.

So you need a USA mirror + europe homelink. It' s not easy to swap the homelink but it's possible.

hope this helps get you started

Aren't most NZ garage door openers on the 433 MHz band for rf remote ? USA is 315 MHz

for my e39 I used the standard roof button panel and wired it directly to my standard nz garage remote which i then just hid behind the panel in the hoodlining. had to dismantle my garage remote to solder pair of wires to the button but whole job took 30 mins and worked a treat even had the light working, looked completely standard. left it running on its own battery for power meant I kept the remote when I sold the car and it was still usable

gave me a lot more purchasing power when looking for a cheap button assembly.

Did the same in wifes VW but had to install a push button in dash. hers had to be located inside dash because the button was on dash

both worked flawlessly over 50 mtrs