Sign in to follow this  
mark247

WTB: E30 blower resistor, not standard type

Hi all, looking for a blower resistor as pictured. Obviously not standard type... as you can see this let all the smoke out.

If you've got one available, or you simply know what make of resistor this is, you're help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Mark

post-1711-0-54361300-1431933090_thumb.jp

Edited by mark247

This looks like one which someone has sort of chopped in from another vehicle (going off what seems to be the connector at the top there being a crimp on piece).
You could probably get one of the standard ones to work though by crimping on new blade terminals. I'd say Ray would have a fair few of the standard ones.

Have all E30 types.

I have tried two standard ones in the past and all they did is go pop. Perhaps it was retrofiitted with the aircon or something and has a stronger resistance?

May be a matter of getting a generic one from an auto-sparky.

Mine has the same in the touring with retrofitted aircon. Was sitting in the engine bay under the battery tray. Looks dodgy as f**k

Mine has the same in the touring with retrofitted aircon. Was sitting in the engine bay under the battery tray. Looks dodgy as f**k

That's right. Does it have any name or logo on it? This one burnt out over a year ago so is long gone. May have even posted about it before, cant recall.