Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

What is this ute/truck?!

Hi all, I just need some help identifying what kind of truck or ute this is on raised wheels.

The driver followed my friend home and assaulted him ending with some cuts and minor concussion and fled the scene when his brother arrived to help.

Im just wondering what make/model this truck is or if anyone knows someone with a similar car as they are collecting as much imformation as possible to pass onto police. Plate is TN or TJ something.

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

post-15489-0-80338600-1432099054.png

post-15489-0-56128900-1432099060.png

post-15489-0-80788400-1432099065.png

Pretty sure it's 100 Series Hilux (I think I can see a tray so it wont be a surf) - roughly 1989-1996.

That was my first thought too. Hilux.

The police (or at least the infringement bureau) have access to software that can probably clean that picture up and reveal the number plate.

(They managed to read the plate on the 320d from an acute angle in fog when I couldn't make out any letters in the picture!)

Looks like a Nissan Patrol to me.

Sounds like you mate broke the first rule of fight club.

my thought too, but everyone above posting a hilux they won me over. lights and grill look more like patrol, but proportions more Surf

thought so as well, but has got a rear tray so why i thought hilux

If it is a patrol should be very easy to find

not trying to make stereotypes but no surprise that someone capable of assulting a person drives a stupid car like that.. (think i just stereotyped. meh)

If you did assume it was a Patrol:

A number plate in TJ to TN series would check out with a NZ new GQ Patrol too, i used to have one that was TR rego, 1995

Will be a low top so most likely SWB, not very many low top LWB around.

and flat deck if it does have one doesnt really lead to anything, a lot of them have flat deck conversions these days.

Guest MP0wer

Looks raised, is a bit distinct, person has a trucking red neck hobby, also farming or offroading. Better off driving around the streets the same time, asking around petrol pumps, police are most worthless, and would just give him a slap on the wrist.

But why do I feel there is more to the story? Random guy just decided to follow your brother and beat him up, didn't steal anything, there is a common social link. Find them, give them old fashioned revenge. ;)

not trying to make stereotypes but no surprise that someone capable of assulting a person drives a stupid car like that.. (think i just stereotyped. meh)

Assault is minor, Everyone is capable of far worse, its if they actually do it just because they are capable, will to act per say, do whats right as you know and practiced or give in to be what you know to be wrong & dont want to, circumstances differ too. That differs the you, me, the average joe, the stereotype and archetypes, region to region. Don't be surprised if tables turn and he gets assaulted next run in with his victim.

Edited by MP0wer

The police (or at least the infringement bureau) have access to software that can probably clean that picture up and reveal the number plate.

(They managed to read the plate on the 320d from an acute angle in fog when I couldn't make out any letters in the picture!)

Screen-Shot-2013-07-31-at-2.44.08-PM.png

• Like 13