Sign in to follow this  
T-rex

E91 320d Tuning

Hi guys, im just trying to decide which is the most cost effective route to take (not necessarily the cheapest) but power per $$.

im not looking to go too crazy, but is it more worth while doing a straight chip with no mods? or uprated intercooler, injectors and a straight through exhaust with a remap??

chip is $950 +gst

not entirely sure what im looking at for a remap. from what ive read these are pretty standard upgrades for this car so perhaps i can buy a map someones already made rather than paying someone to create one?

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best bang for buck is remap

i got a "80 percent " chip for my 120d.nicer to drive,revved faster ,revved right to redline with less drop off at the top of the rev range.I thought about a bigger or more effective intercooler too but nothing more.

The reason for the 80 percent is i stressed i wanted to retain good economy.Wehter or not that was a good idea i dont know but the differnce was def noticeable.I cant back up with any figures.NZ performance Tuning,they came to me and did it on the side of the road at work!

Edited by kiwi535