Sign in to follow this  
FRT

The new CSL

Into the back, rear 3 quarter looks the bomb, front looks like bomb has gone off and blown the side panels up in a weird way

• Like 1

Grotesque thing. Looks like the fat old uncle of the CSL wearing a too-small yellow morph-suit. And sporting an underbite.

• Like 1

I literally didnt post this because it fall s under the group of that minivan thing they loled up.

This is a BMW site, not a children drawing competition.

• Like 4

Guest MP0wer

the way the front grills are sagging down looks like a cheap imitation of Rolls Royce, but I can live with it, looks a bit unique too, from the side, well a mix of all sports cars, looks more american then german, I think its bmw having n identity crisis but I still like it,

But the rear kills it for me. There is a HOLE in the tail lights! does air come out of it while its illuminated in a red glow? Looks like lipstick applied to a vagina or something sexually oriented, which would be good if it didn't look like a whales vagina.

image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2Fuk%2Fasset

At the risk of pissing off a lot of people, I think its trying too hard.

Edited by MP0wer

Put some front grills that are the correct size ratio for the rest of the car, and a non DTM steering wheel and I'd rock it

Edited by Brams
  • Like 1

The box guards on the original car where there to accomodate larger width wheels. I this case they have tried to lift from a modern DTM car. On a road car shape the open flare thing just doesnt work.

But I think the killer for me is the weird no point stickon things that come from the front gaurd up to the bonnet. It literally looks like the art teacher stepped out of the room and forgot to tell little timmy that his drawning was done 30mins ago.

• Like 1

Wrong

Perfect - leading edge styling that challenges the "norm" , colour is a bit pissy.

I wouldn't be so sure ... lol

80811426571420229.jpg

• Like 2

Or this is my favourite concept of recent times.. and its functional.

Renault-Alpine-A110-50-concept-placement

• Like 1

I say give BMW some slack, the i8 is a work of art, and is a marvel. If we didn't have wild concepts, we wouldn't have wild cars.

Personally, I like the CSL concept, the colour is bad though, reminds me of that colour they offered on the E46 M3.

^+1. It's a design exercise not a signal for what's to come. Some beautiful aspects of the design and some less beautiful. Hopefully, the beautiful aspects get adopted into some of their road car design and the rest stay on the drawing board. Better to have ideas and reject them than have no ideas at all.

It's a concept.

Usually the real thing, if given the go-ahead is a watered down, not quite so cool version. If this becomes the next hot wheels toy and not a real car I will feel better about the universe.

I think the diamond needs more polishing. There are more flattering concepts out there.

It's not even a concept, it's a design study, similar to the 328 Hommage that was done a year or so back, for the same event I think.

Purely and excuse for the designers to be let off the leash a bit, and try a few things - see what works and what doesn't.

i threw up in my mouth.

and it burns...

Some people have delicate stomachs...

It looks great from some angles, the side view really shows the connection to the original CSL "Batmobile", but granted it it a bit more challenging from other angles.