Sign in to follow this  
BadBm_

Help ?

So I bought a new car

E90 325

It's gonna be the third time the car gonna go back into the garage to get coil pack fixed why does this happen and what can I do

It's only been just over a month Since owning this car and I am first owner in nz

Change all six coils if it is a coil fault issue

Will changing 6 help every time if have had this issue the dealership has only changed the one that's buggered twice

its not expensive and easy to do yourself. have experienced it first hand and replacing one or two is not good. change all 6 and might as well change all the spark plugs at the same time. pm me if u want more info

The dealership I bought the car from is fixing it the third time At there expense and they agreed on changing the four (they changed 2 previously) so I am happy

Is it the way I drive etc or anything that makes them go or is it a just a common problem

My cars only done 80,000 km

Common problem, usually caused by spark plugs past their use by date. Puts extra stress on coils to compensate dud plugs causing them to burn out. Also heard once one is replaced the new one will cause the next weakest to fail so better to do all, new plugs and good to go. Went through 3 in the e46 before I replaced them all, $600 later. Free second hand ones put it off a few months tho