Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

ML 350 engine light - help?

so the wife's ML350 (2006) Mercedes engine check light came on.

I've had it scanned and they have told me the codes came up were 0750 & 0746

I can't find anything online. Anyone have a mercedes to english translation?

couple more points. Car runs fine. Had recent service inc gearbox. On the wknd the check light went out. Weirdly.

But i suspect thats temporary.

what I have found:

P0746 Pressure Control Solenoid Performance or Stuck Off

P0750 Shift Solenoid A Malfunction

Anyone know what these mean? are these even correct?

Edited by M5V8

It is possible that the error codes are a temporary thing. did you have the gearbox flushed with a flushing fluid?

It is possible that the error codes are a temporary thing. did you have the gearbox flushed with a flushing fluid?

No idea. It was done by dealership. Nearly $600 so better have!

I might enquire.

Cheers.

722.906 7sp transmission...

Does it shift smoothly at low speed? If you slow down to a crawl, then accelerate again?

Did the dealer replace the gearbox sump gasket and the filter? (For $600 I sincerely hope they did!)

cost me $600 at coutts mercedes just for trans fluid service.

Yeah that's just the thing. It drives great. No shifting problems. The only thing is sometimes it makes a odd noise when putting in park.

I'd be more concerned if it was giving some indications.

I actually like driving it. (Just quietly)

• Like 1

I actually like driving it. (Just quietly)

Shh! ;)

I suspect it could be as simple as marginally low fluid - that would give the two codes you're getting.

Take it back, say you've been getting this issue since they changed the fluid, and ask them to check/top up.

There are other possible causes, but that's the one which is most easily checked.

• Like 1

Shh! ;)

I suspect it could be as simple as marginally low fluid - that would give the two codes you're getting.

Take it back, say you've been getting this issue since they changed the fluid, and ask them to check/top up.

There are other possible causes, but that's the one which is most easily checked.

Yeah fair call too.

Thanks

After taking this to our local mechanic for a scan 3 times, with several different sets of codes displayed and $127 later we have been forced to take it to the Mercedes dealership.

wait for it.

Cracked intake pipe. $3500.

What the hell are M-Class Mercs' intake pipes made of??? Pure platinum??!!!

Kind of scary that you can pick up a whole M-Class for not a lot more than the price of a new intake pipe... no wonder they're so cheap on TM.

• Like 1

After taking this to our local mechanic for a scan 3 times, with several different sets of codes displayed and $127 later we have been forced to take it to the Mercedes dealership.

wait for it.

Got a part number for it?

Apparently there's a leak in the intake system somewhere. Of course Mercedes response is to replace the entire system.

Crazy.

Luckily I don't really care. it's under warranty so cost to us is negligible.

But $3500 is eye watering. No wonder the dealership is so flash.

Wise words kiddies. Get that warranty.

• Like 2

Sounds like normal #merctax to me, shits crazy. Be thankful its not got an AMG badge on it.

Small protip too, the dealer makes f**k all margin on parts, the mothership really puts the squeeze on them. Not much money in genuine parts these days.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

That must take a load of with it under warranty on a similar note Clarkson forked out 1,200 pounds for the replacement of one coil pack on his merc and May and Hammond give him stick about it on last nights episode.

Try doing the coil pack on a V12 merc, its all combined into one big unit (per bank) for a sweet sum of $3600+gst or so each. Nopenopenope

Bosses 2011 AMG CL63 needed new rotors and pads.. cost $12,000 heh

$4500 NZD just for the Front Rotors alone :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-AMG-63-W212-2009-2012-FRONT-DISC-ROTORS-GENUINE-/131512302977?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1e9ebe7d81&vxp=mtr

Edited by Charles32

i should see what the carbon ceramic brakes on the SLS at work are worth, just for giggles.

Lawl, the front rotors on the SLS are a touch over 8K+gst each. Best not use those carbon ceramics very often.

Edited by KwS

So there's an end to this story.

$3500 of replacement intake system. Next day the light comes back on. Back to Mercedes it goes. They worked out there's a fault MAF sensor.

Light hasn't come back on since.

Now.

Question is. Was that the fault all along?

So who paid the $3500 for the new intake?

ohwell, even if it wasn't the intake, it was cracked right? so was probably good to have it replaced anyway.. that is.. under the warranty.. if I had to pay $3500 for nothing i'd be quite upset.

So who paid the $3500 for the new intake?

Breakdown insurance. This whole thing as cost us $250 excess.

luckly.

ohwell, even if it wasn't the intake, it was cracked right? so was probably good to have it replaced anyway.. that is.. under the warranty.. if I had to pay $3500 for nothing i'd be quite upset.

yes. I guess we have to trust mercedes that the intake was infact cracked, as they couldn't tell me where or were prepared to show me.