Sign in to follow this  
jaimzthedrummer

E36 M3: Any old front brake pads

Hey guys,

Wondering if someone can help me out. I destroyed my front pads at Pukekohe yesterday and there's literally nothing left of them on the front left side (see picture).

I'm looking for any old used set (both sides) that I can use just until I head to the states in a fortnight where I'll pick up something decent. Plus it might be good to have backup pads in case this were to happen again!

I'm not looking to spend much (if anything), but I'd be spending a hundy for a bargain basement set at Supercheap so anything would be better than that!

Thanks in advance.

James

Posted Image

hit up Dave (M3AN) he has the bits you need, not sure if he would be willing to sell separately though

• Like 1

E46 330i front pads the same too?

I could be wrong, but bear in mind US spec E36 M3 are not much more than a stroked 328i,

i seem to remember reading they dont have the floating disks that "euro" spec cars like yours have, i think someone got stung here before. maybe take your old pads with you if thats not a customs issue?

Thats gettingyour moneys worth!

Ok thus bringith the lesson of "the spanner check". Just before you head out in the track where things get worn fast you need to check things. Brake pads is kinda important, shortly follwed by oil, water, brake lines...... E30/E36 id be checking the diff bolts once in a while too...

Hard to imagine that the rotor surface hasn't escaped damage after that too!

I could be wrong, but bear in mind US spec E36 M3 are not much more than a stroked 328i,i seem to remember reading they dont have the floating disks that "euro" spec cars like yours have, i think someone got stung here before. maybe take your old pads with you if thats not a customs issue?
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I'm sourcing them from Turner Motorsport, and they've got all that under control. Mine's a 3.0 so no floating rotors (although I'm pricing some up...)
Thats gettingyour moneys worth!Ok thus bringith the lesson of "the spanner check". Just before you head out in the track where things get worn fast you need to check things. Brake pads is kinda important, shortly follwed by oil, water, brake lines...... E30/E36 id be checking the diff bolts once in a while too...
Good advice Dave. I figured that all the things you listed leave drips on the ground. Brake pads... not so much. I shouldn't have relied so heavily on the wear sensor, although it alerted me fine when my rears were low last year.
Hard to imagine that the rotor surface hasn't escaped damage after that too!
They didn't :(d61990f920d412d7711e6bb241249291.jpg Edited by jaimzthedrummer