Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

How big are the balls on this passenger.

Fook. Thank god for active stability control.

• Like 2

he did well! didn't over input

But why was he going so fast on such a B road where that is likely to happen?

:P

• Like 1

More than you can afford buddy. Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fook. Thank god for active stability control.

Amen to that.

Thanks goodness we dont have smell o vision. Pretty sure he just crapped his pant.

• Like 1

I have no doubt that if the driver of that car had it switched off he would have crashed.

Fair call on the limits thing, I am guilty of getting complacent at times.

It saved me a few weeks back from a certain write off and possibly massive injury. It was 6.30am on my way to a rally and I was driving a bit to fast around a corner over a shaded brow that was very slippery, the car drifted wide off the road, miraculously the car reacted a lot faster than I could have braking individual wheels whilst I steered it back onto the road, narrowly avoiding a concrete power pole and a huge drop off. I like to think I am a reasonable driver, yet I was very thankful for the technology that morning, it is simply amazing how fast it can react, there is no way the car would have got back on the road without it.

Another time my ex wife was driving us when an elderly couple pulled out rite in front of us in a 100 zone open road, very similar to the above video, she simply swerved out and went around them, no drama, the elderly couple probably shat themselves... I nearly did. No way we could have done that without stability control.

Stability control is much like ABS brakes, there was time when people pooh poohed ABS too stating that its only there for people who can't drive... To me, any passive safety technology is massively worthwhile.

• Like 2

Nope. I was just swearing at the old people and thankful we were in an awesome car.

Anyone who doesn't see merit should do a BMW driver day or similar. It's a great way to learn how much cleverer the car is than you.

In one of the tests you race up to about 120kph and swerve aggressively around some cones through standing water. This is a great way to learn how advanced the systems are. It's a simulation of say a cow running out in front of you on an open road in the wet.

Recommended.

Also. I am a rally driver used to very dangerous speeds in unpredictable roads. And I am still man enough to admit their worth and learned a thing or two about ABS and Stability control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1