Sign in to follow this  
Kumar

Recommended Brake Pads and Rotors for E61 (530i)

I have recently purchased a 2006 530i Wagon from Japan with about 95K mileage. The vehicle will arrive in NZ in mid July but from what I read in online forums, most of the cars fail compliance on brakes and require new brake pads and possibly rotors. Not knowing the condition of the brakes on the car I purchased, I am planning to buy the pads & rotors before head. If I don't need them compliance, i might use them in future at a later time.

Can anyone

1. Recommend a good brand of Brake Pads and Rotors (the combination that works good).
  2. Any store/site in NZ that sells these items and reasonably priced
  3. If I cannot find some thing in NZ, I am fine in importing them from US or else where
  4. A mechanic in Wellington who is reasonable. I have replaced brake pads in the past on my E36 while in US but never done rotors. I might end up DIY unless I need to do it for compliance.

Thanks in advance.

Milland have always given me a good price for OEM supplier parts (including brake rotors & pads).

If you are happy to change pads then definately DIY the rotors as well.

Take caliper off and then take caliper bracket off (caliper bracket bolts will likely be very tight)

Remove a single screw on rotor face that holds it on hub (if fitted, soak in wd40 before removing)

Tap rotor with rubber mallet till it falls of, put new rotor on.

I have changed any e60 rotors so there may be a sensor to remove or similar but still and easy job.