Sign in to follow this  
KillerX

Vehicle licence farce still going on......

Jeez , Take a chill pill. I'm so sorry that i offended you by making a tongue in cheek comment. :unsure: No need to get personal on it. Life is short -- Enjoy it. Better things to worry your pretty little head about then some misspelt word on a forum ;)

• Like 1

Think Ron has a fair point lol

definitely has a fair point ,just no need to get personal , otherwise everything just turns to sh*t . Lifes Short -- be happy, :wub: be constructive in comments no need to pull everyone down with negativity . Be positive with comments , we are all here to learn , otherwise you end up driving everybody away in the end. :D

Edited by KillerX
  • Like 4

There are nearly 4 million registered vehicles in NZ, and god knows how many vehicle makes, models and sub-models. As usual the press try to make a bad news story where there is none.

Yes there may be a few anomalies in there, but they still pay less than before!

I love how an ACC auto-computer problem is John Keys fault.

• Like 6

It's not all bad. Sometimes you win.

The levies for a 2011 LR Defender are $123, despite it being by my assessment very unsafe (as ACC would expect to define it). So that's a win...

... I have a newer one than that (which is identically unsafe), and hence is uncategorised, ie the safest category. I've paid $68.

To put that in context, my list of safety items are:

- ABS (and I guess traction control, being the inverse of ABS)

My missing safety items are:

- airbags (yes, I managed to buy a vehicle in 2014 with no airbags)

- stability control (they only put that in for the final production year...)

- passenger protection generally

- pedestrian protection generally

I guess the good news is that looking at the banding criteria, it seems they are objectively safe ...

For light passenger vehicles with a vehicle year before December 2011, the levy band is based on real crash data.

I love how an ACC auto-computer problem is John Keys fault.

The other day I saw him kick a kitten and throw some lolly wrappers on the ground - OMG fight the power!

Anyone who has been through any kind of large data migration or IT project will tell you that if that's the only problem..... well they've earned their bonus this year. But we all know the media wouldn't like that either!

It's quite funny how it works,

My WRX Wagon is a 97, has ABS, AWD. in theory probably safer if you aren't a moron.

an E30, no abs, no traction control ect ect, and it's cheaper to register...

• Like 2

It's quite funny how it works,

My WRX Wagon is a 97, has ABS, AWD. in theory probably safer if you aren't a moron.

an E30, no abs, no traction control ect ect, and it's cheaper to register...

Anyways, not to worry for you, you are still 3 years off registering your E30 :P

• Like 2

I emailed them about the same issues.

My 1991 Soarer Limited Z30 is lumped in with the out going 1991 Z20 Soarer from the 1980s. Completely different cars.

This means it's in the more expensive category because they identified the change over year as 1992. Wrong.

Meanwhile my 1996 Soarer Z30 is cheaper because it's simply newer. Yet unlike my 1991 Z30, it has no TRC, no ABS, no Airbags.

Go figure :P

Yeah but I don't care, was just finding it amusing how E30's are on the next lowest band, when they are just brimming with safety features...

i thought they were on the bottom??

It's not just safety features, it's also crash / injury statistics. WRXs tend to go a bit quicker than E30s and I have seen a lot more of them upside down at the side of the road than E30s as well.

As for Defenders... They are safe because they move so slow.

• Like 1

i thought they were on the bottom??

Nah one up, so $198xx per year, it makes my friend with a Rav4 (lol) mad because "that shitty old BMW" is cheaper to register than my car that's 15 years newer...

I assumed it was all on satistics really, pretty much anything "skyline" related, even R34's are L1 band too.

• Like 1

My Hiace and my E38 are both the same

i know which one i would rather be in in a crash!!!!!!

• Like 2

^^^^^That one is absolutely ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

^^^^^That one is absolutely ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for example, this video is the later model hiace (my one is earlier) and i am sure it will be totally unladen in this video.

bye bye legs

i once wrote off an L300 setting up the Wairarapa rally several years back. road was closed so we were going a bit quicker than usually would be, some farmer decided to cut the tape and went out on the course the wrong way, and crashed into us. i tried braking, but being gravel nothing happened, so i abandoned braking and swung my legs over to the passenger side. if i didnt i would have lost them, the drivers foot well totally disappeared and i could see the ground in front of me.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 1

As for Defenders... They are safe because they move so slow.

Very true. Yet it still feels fast and slightly dangerous. Because I am on safari. In Mt Eden.

• Like 8

WRXs tend to go a bit quicker than E30s

Its all lies! :D

• Like 1

Sorry, Josh, that should be "a bit quicker than STANDARD E30s", yours doesn't qualify for that statement! :huh:

• Like 2

My cars are way cheaper, registered them this morning. Winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 7 to rego so there's some saving still don't care too much regardless enjoy my toys, you pay to play

• Like 3

And stilll the Herald bangs on that it is a disaster - do they want to bring back the old system where we were ALL overcharged ??

Is trhere any point/ merit to their mindless whinging

It's the Herald... nonsense written by a bunch of inexperienced, detached & starry eyed pen pushers!

• Like 3