Sign in to follow this  
ryadre

New to BMW, looking to buy...

Who's complaining about diesel?!

Diesels with big engines are amazing.

My dad's got a Q5 with the 6 cyl turbo, and it's $60 to fill, it regularly does Auckland-Turangi and back on half a tank.

I'm kinda leaning towards the e61 530i motorsport wagon at the moment I think. What's the story with the Japanese idrive radio and nav. I see a few imports advertising that they have nz radio working in them. Do you get a bmw yard to reprogram it or something?

Joe @ Euro Surgeon for radio/nav conversion in the E61

Joe @ Euro Surgeon for radio/nav conversion in the E61

Cool thanks

when you can buy them from the petrol station at 10,000km a time

really? i thought you had to got to vtnz or the aa?

really? i thought you had to got to vtnz or the aa?

Yea I get mine from the post shop

Both really nice looking cars, not sure if diesel would be ideal for mainly short runabout trips most of the time?, plus the extra hassle of RUC, we live in rural town so its basically 5 mins down the road, then back again. Probably wont buy another black car, just hard to keep looking clean, and its always me who ends up having to wash the vehicles!

Who doesnt like to wash their cars?!... my e61 is more deep blue in the right light.,and black in other light

Edited by beemn
  • Like 1

I'm kinda leaning towards the e61 530i motorsport wagon at the moment I think. What's the story with the Japanese idrive radio and nav. I see a few imports advertising that they have nz radio working in them. Do you get a bmw yard to reprogram it or something?

I kinda fall for our E61 again every time I drive it, basically it's friggen awesome! I drive updated and iPod connection sorted if you wants see how it all goes, PM me, in Morrinsville if your local

• Like 1

Who doesnt like to wash their cars?!... my e61 is more deep blue in the right light.,and black in other light

Don't get me wrong, I am always washing my vehicles, more than most, it's just that bit more work when I have to do the wife car as well as mine every weekend when we are busy.

I kinda fall for our E61 again every time I drive it, basically it's friggen awesome! I drive updated and iPod connection sorted if you wants see how it all goes, PM me, in Morrinsville if your local

Cheers mate I might just do that when we are closer to doing something, I'm in Morrinsville too

• Like 1

Hey everyone, so in the next few weeks I am going to start seriously looking into getting a e61 550i motorsport 07 or 08 lci wagon. I see there is a couple on trademe at the moment for 25k done 105km. I will get a ppi done and I will get mech insurance. It's there a suggested list of things to service when I buy the car? Trans fluid etc? 25k is at my max budget but I should get 3 or 4 grand for our trade in and hopefully get the insurance thrown in or discounted. I will also get the nav and radio converted which is I think about 700.

• Like 1

Give me a holla if you want a comparison drive of ours at 60k mileage, pre LCI

• Like 1

So I got out new car today, thanks to everyone advice. It's a 2007 550i lci e61. Just love how nice it drives and the power. Only got it yesterday so far I have just washed it, clean and condition the leather (mothers products are great) and have done the exhaust flap vacuum pipe by pass so now it sounds a lot better at idle. Still yet to get the radio and nav converted, plus need to get the battery replaced which the dealer will cover. Car is still running new run flat tyres and they don't ride to badly. Also will change out the angel eyes to led and get them coded to be daytime running (the options list had them down as decoded). Big thanks to Breaker for showing me his car.

Quick question, what are the two plastic grills above the rear seat in the headlining? They are directly above your head and are forward of the roof speakers.

post-52674-0-73044400-1454273460_thumb.j

Edited by ryadre
  • Like 2

So I got out new car today, thanks to everyone advice. It's a 2007 550i lci e61. Just love how nice it drives and the power. Only got it yesterday so far I have just washed it, clean and condition the leather (mothers products are great) and have done the exhaust flap vacuum pipe by pass so now it sounds a lot better at idle. Still yet to get the radio and nav converted, plus need to get the battery replaced which the dealer will cover. Car is still running new run flat tyres and they don't ride to badly. Also will change out the angel eyes to led and get them coded to be daytime running (the options list had them down as decoded). Big thanks to Breaker for showing me his car.

Quick question, what are the two plastic grills above the rear seat in the headlining? They are directly above your head and are forward of the roof speakers.

Nice work Ryan, awesome look and LCI as well? Not sure what the vents are, could be just for some air around the sunroof??

• Like 1

That's the interior motion sensor for the alarm

• Like 2

That's the interior motion sensor for the alarm

Nice, makes sense. Remember to lock the car twice to turn the interior alarm off if you leave the dog in the car , if you have a dog, lol

• Like 1

Cheers, yes the golden retriever might get the odd ride if he's lucky. Just looking into some LEDs for the angel eyes. Mine has the h8 bulb. Does that same bulb do the inner cornering light for the adaptive lights as well as the angel eyes ?

Can code those to run brighter

Not to worried about the cornering lights, it's just they are yellow compared to the white of the xenon and the soon to be white angel eyes. No big deal but I just couldn't see another bulb in there for those cornering lights

Edit. Looks like the cornering bulbs are an h3 bulb which are separate

Edited by ryadre

Got my LED halo upgrades on trade me pretty reasonable. Not sure on cornering light details

Got my LED halo upgrades on trade me pretty reasonable. Not sure on cornering light details

Yes just looked on trademe, ended up ordering some of eBay from USA a bit cheaper and more to choose from . Cornering lights are a little h3 bulb which are cheap off trademe.

• Like 1

lovely vehicle, well done!

do keep us posted on the radio/sat-nav conversion.

an e60 or e61 is in my future too.

regards

• Like 2

lovely vehicle, well done!

do keep us posted on the radio/sat-nav conversion.

an e60 or e61 is in my future too.

regards

Thanks, yes it's done just over 100kms but it's in great condition

are you the first NZ owner? Wondering how/if any deferred maintenance impact as your ownership develops.

are you the first NZ owner? Wondering how/if any deferred maintenance impact as your ownership develops.

Yes first NZ owner - yea thats a risk you take I guess. This actually had all the books and servicing schedules in the glovebox which I have only just seen, bit hard to decifer in japanese though. Ended up buying autosure extreme mechanical insurance cover whoch covers most things in the car up to $10000, just have to have it serviced once a year at a workshop rather than DIY.

Definetly a nice car to get considering the age of them now, the wagons look great I reckon. So glad I got the V8 too.

Apparently its a good idea to replace the trans fluid and filter at this mileage onwards, which I will look at doing later this year.

Edit. Just had a good look through the service books and I can figure out that it had been serviced roughly every year and 10,000kms so really happy that info was still with the car.

Edited by ryadre
  • Like 3

keep on top of the maintenance,and take it on a long run regularly,would be a nicer holiday ride than a ford ranger,and it will appreciate the long run too

• Like 1