Sign in to follow this  
ryadre

New to BMW, looking to buy...

check out prices and availability of the tyres too.I had run flats on my little 120d,and one xmas i had to get new tyres and i couldnt get any bridgestones or contis(they were alreadu on it),so had to pay through the nose for some pirellis.The next time i had to get tyres all were available and even the pirellis were much cheaper!.The pirellis were actually the nicest riding of the three.

check out prices and availability of the tyres too.I had run flats on my little 120d,and one xmas i had to get new tyres and i couldnt get any bridgestones or contis(they were alreadu on it),so had to pay through the nose for some pirellis.The next time i had to get tyres all were available and even the pirellis were much cheaper!.The pirellis were actually the nicest riding of the three.

Cheers yea will do. The tyres look pretty new so should be a while before we need any hopefully

Has anyone tried the Carly for Bmw (bmwhat) app to code anything? I'm keen to get my drl coded back on and maybe other things? What does a workshop charge to do a basic coding like that?

Yep I use it

Yep I use it

You think is worth it? I tried the free version using a cheap generic Bluetooth obd2 adaptor but it kinda struggled to connect and wouldn't run the diagnoses. Buying there adaptor is like $80 plus the $70 for the app. I think I have to use the Bluetooth rather than cable as mine is lci

Edited by ryadre

It's easy to use...that's the biggest thing for me...I have both the original cable and their bluetooth adaptor...both worked on mine

It's easy to use...that's the biggest thing for me...I have both the original cable and their bluetooth adaptor...both worked on mine

• Like 1

Has anyone tried the Carly for Bmw (bmwhat) app to code anything? I'm keen to get my drl coded back on and maybe other things? What does a workshop charge to do a basic coding like that?

Just take your car to a place can do coding for the next service and get them to do it at the same time. It takes a few minutes for someone that already had the gear and software set up so that'll probably be the cheapest way.

Personally I spent hours and hours learning to do BMW coding, setting up the software and struggling with a laptop that had ~15 mins battery life to get mine enabled. Only worth doing if you're as crazy obsessive as me :D

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

Just take your car to a place can do coding for the next service and get them to do it at the same time. It takes a few minutes for someone that already had the gear and software set up so that'll probably be the cheapest way.

Personally I spent hours and hours learning to do BMW coding, setting up the software and struggling with a laptop that had ~15 mins battery life to get mine enabled. Only worth doing if you're as crazy obsessive as me :D

Ended up getting them coded back on when I had the nav converted. And I replaced the angel bulbs with led and the cornering lamps with a white halogen. Looking a lot better now

Nice car. I had an E61 530i M-sport, looked like yours but pre lci. Always wished I'd gone the v8 as it didn't have enough grunt for my liking and the Trans wasn't responsive enough. Did you sort the radio as part of the sat navigation upgrade? I did a diy on here somewhere.

Nice car. I had an E61 530i M-sport, looked like yours but pre lci. Always wished I'd gone the v8 as it didn't have enough grunt for my liking and the Trans wasn't responsive enough. Did you sort the radio as part of the sat navigation upgrade? I did a diy on here somewhere.

Thanks, yea we love it. Yes the $700 to have the nav converted also converts the radio at the same time. Otherwise I think you can pay maybe $250 - $300 just to have the radio done without the nav converted. Just in the process of tinting the windows myself, am half way done - has been a bit harder than doing my ute haha.