Sign in to follow this  
d33p_randhawa

BMW 320i 2008 - 18s Wheel

Hello everybody

This is the first time I am posting on this forum have no idea if this is the right place to ask a question.

I have a BMW e90 2008. I had stock 16s wheels when I bought it in December last year. Then I upgraded the wheels to 18s and it decreased the mileage by around 50kms and that us obvious because the wider and bigger wheels which is fair enough. Then after few months I got sick of those wheels and then I just swapped those 18inch wheels wit another 18s deep dish set with someone and put the same tyres that I had on my wheels I swapped and since I have put them on it has decreased another the fuel milege another even more. Why is that? could the weight be the factor?

What could that be? Ever since I first owned my car whenever I fill up my car I use that switch that set the driven KMS amout to 0 to see how much I got out of the full tank.

here the pics of the black wheels I had before and the chrome wheels that are on now ;)

Thanks all

Aman

post-52542-0-72987000-1436316482_thumb.p

post-52542-0-00636600-1436316489_thumb.p

They must be quite a bit heavier, think that's more the issue rather than the size/width itself. BMW does supply bigger and wider wheels with the higher end models after all.

Replicas I guess? Think the good genuine ones are made to be quite light.

They look good

These ones are BBS or Bs. Thats what I thought aswell. I might change to 17inchs or replace these with something lighter. Gas is too expensive anyways here in thames so want a cheaper option ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 18s on my E46 are genuine BMW, made by BBS and they are super light. Can easily carry one in each hand with the tyre off and I'm not very strong.

Have handled 17 and 15 inch wheels that were heavier (compared with tyre on as obviously tyre will have a larger profile on smaller wheels), so I think maybe check weight instead of just size.