Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

SOLD - Geoff Steel Racing CSL replica airbox (brand new)

Well it's majority brand new actually. The non-filtered section is used but only lightly as I was using it for some testing a little while back, but the main airbox is brand new. T

Please read this advert carefully before asking questions!!

These airboxes are considered "Racing" pieces - so they are NO WHERE NEAR show piece quality - it is pure function over form these.

It is a wet lay up airbox so there are pin holes, bubbles and wobbly weaves in the carbon fibre everywhere.

This is the latest generation produced by Geoff Steel in the UK which has all metal hose fittings (rather than their older boxes which were fiberglass and resin and were prone to breaking off).

The fitment between the unfiltered section and filtered section is okay but again not perfect.

If I was putting this on a race car I would probably tidy a few area of the airbox up a bit (mainly all the ITB opening as it overlaps with the rubber boot on ALL cylinders - many have run these out of the box without issue however).

I am more than happy to assist in getting this to run on your car if you purchase - but only to an extent of getting it to run under the stock default Alpha-N map. YOU WILL NEED TO GET YOUR CAR TUNED IF YOU WANT IT TO RUN PERFECTLY. However having said this if you read posts from the UK such as those on totalmcars.com you will see there are guys that run these without a tune and it has been more than fine (the stock DME has an onboard MAP sensor so it is just enough to compensate for atmospheric pressure differences).

I will even show you how to make an adaptor for your MAF sensor plug into an IAT 2 pin and have it plug and play so there is no splicing or cutting into your loom. (You will need to source an old MAF sensor, buy some wiring and a Bosch EV1 female plug and use an IAT sensor out of an E36M3)

To make this run perfectly you do need to do a MAP conversion otherwise I am told on idle it can be a little bit lumpy (although others have reported that it runs fine without issue or hesitation if your vanos is in tip top condition).

These airboxes run a cut down K&N rectangle filter rather than the larger BMC CSL filter. You can modify them to fit the standard BMC CSL filter but it requires a bit of carbon work.

Google Geoff Steel or GSR CSL airbox if you want to learn more. Also plenty of videos on youtube of people running these.

$1200 firm (note does NOT include the rubber boots shown in photo - snorkel NOT included - what you see is what you get) - I will also throw in a "BMW M Power" sticker I had made up professionally off a genuine CSL airbox if you prefer these over the one that's on the box at the moment.

[These are 1095GBP retail plus shipping and GST to NZ]

If this doesn't sell I will probably allow this to be moulded off and replicas created for those wanting to do this (conditions apply).

61C325D6-EB8D-47CA-9F01-40336992073B_zps

ACAC678E-456D-47A3-A882-0A2684C75295_zps

42E070C3-C354-4572-9A78-758798A113BC_zps

77EBA3A3-7F7D-4522-98F3-70181A91F1D0_zps

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 1

Are the S50B32 and S54B32 runners the same spacing? Wondering if I could be modified to fit a S50B32 in a E36.

Are the S50B32 and S54B32 runners the same spacing? Wondering if I could be modified to fit a S50B32 in a E36.

Geoff steel themselves make a modified version of this airbox for the E36 specifically. Basically I think they cut out the trumpets and put an adaptor in place - have a look at the link.

http://www.geoffsteel.co.uk/shop/bmw-e36-m3-csl-carbon-airbox/

I see everyone on youtube has sprung for camera phones from 2005. Some pretty rough footage floating around.

From what I can tell through the grass cam and other 8bit sound its sounds pretty good. Wonder what performance is like?

I see everyone on youtube has sprung for camera phones from 2005. Some pretty rough footage floating around.

From what I can tell through the grass cam and other 8bit sound its sounds pretty good. Wonder what performance is like?

Guys on m3cutters that have installed these and run them on alpha n with a tune on the dyno report similar HP as a CSL

Will from Geoff Steel run these on his race winning competition racecar and i believe he has made much more with cams.

The fact is you don't actually need CSL cams to make CSL power (provided you know what to adjust in the DME)

• Like 1

Want this gone ... $1200 take it! (airbox and filter only - no Snorkel or sensors)

You're making me debate this or wheels...

How much extra investment to get it running well enough to make a difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok a few have PM'd me asking what extra costs are involved in getting this to work, I will post up a detailed list of the minimal needed and approx cost in this thread a bit later when I get some time (vs replying individually!! Sorry!!)

Cheers

Edited by M3_Power

Ok three methods to run this:

1. Pure Alpha N only (i.e. default Alpha N map that exists in all DMEs)

Need:

- IAT conversion harness (as stated above I can teach you to build one) - you will need a spare MAF sensor (roughly $150 second hand), E36 M3 IAT sensor. I am happy to do the scaling re-calibration on your DME for free.

- Bosch EV1 female plug (about $10 from ebay and some spare wiring and pins - probably look at wreckers if you want it cheap).

(there is of course always the option of just unpinning the pings from you MAF sensor plug.

2. Alpha N as above plus tune

- Not sure what the tuning cost is, but I am not able to do this. So need to ask those in the tuning business what it'll cost plus dyno time.

3. Full M3 CSL conversion

You will need

- CSL Map rail or similar (like the US TTFS tuning rail utilising a GM Map sensor which is cheaper than the CSL one) - these cost about $450

- CSL DME conversion (can be done with or without flapper control) If HP DME roughly $800 to get one plus flashing with stock CSL software. If using non HP DME you will need to convert the DME into a HP version (no HP DME are roughly $400 -$600 depending on where you get it, conversion fee is roughly $200 without the flapper control) If you want a fully converted CSL DME add another $150 for the H-Bridge conversion (if doing it on a non HP DME, then you may also want to convert the onboard MAP sensor which is roughly $60).

- CSL MAP sensor is $600

- CSL intake snorkel (if you can find one) is about $800 from memory, pricing might have changed since I last checked two years ago.

- then of course you need to factor in the time and knowledge needed to convert your standard engine harness to CSL spec to take on the MAP sensor, IAT sensor, and two plugs for operating the CSL intake snorkel. If you don't run the snorkel then these two plugs are not needed and the flap can be coded out of the DME and set to open all the time.

Hope that helps.

Edited by M3_Power

900 dollar i can pay through paypal

$1200 firm (note does NOT include the rubber boots shown in photo - snorkel NOT included - what you see is what you get) - I will also throw in a "BMW M Power" sticker I had made up professionally off a genuine CSL airbox if you prefer these over the one that's on the box at the moment.

900 dollar i can pay through paypal

Where the fk?

"NR"

Places:

Nauru

North Riding of Yorkshire, England

Northern Rhodesia

New Rockford, North Dakota, USA

Cheers for the offer but I don't think you realise how much shipping something so large would cost from the bottom of the world.

You might be better off buying from TTFS who are distributors for these in the USA.

Hi is this still available??

Very keen

Ok I will buy it. how would you like to proceed, tried to PM you, but it said you cant receive new messages? can you PM please

Thanks

Edited by jahlmarshall

have had quite a few people PM me to say they will take it, if you are actually serious about buying this please call or txt 021 2810155. First to come over and pay me and pick this up will get it.