Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Vogtland Springs

I am considering some Vogtland springs for my E46 and wondered if anyone has used them. From what I can find they are made in Germany and are TUV certified. They will apparently drop my 330ci 35-40mm which is about as far as I would want to go. I have been tossing up between the Vogtlands and some OE motorsport springs which I think drop the car around 15mm over standard suspension. I will have to do replacement shocks as well. Have a set of poly bushes for the front LCA's and some for the RTAB's as well. Have got a set of sway bars from a convertible 23.5 front and 20mm rear. I am hoping the bigger rear bar might help dial out a bit of understeer as I run a staggered wheel setup.

Keen on any experiences you have had lowering and stiffening up the E46 for better handling. Also if anyone is selling any suspension parts for an E46 springs and shocks especially drop me a message.

I have Vogtland springs on my E34, not sure how much use this will be to you (if it applies to their E46 springs or not), but thought I would share some info.

The Vogtlands are really good for appearance (at least on my E34) and the ride quality is very nice, just slightly stiffer than OEM and still no bottoming out. Not harsh at all although harshness is maybe more dependant on shocks. However, they really are not performance type springs, H&R or Eibach are probably a lot better for stiffening up the car and improving handling as you want.

Other than that the Vogtlands seem good in terms of quality and are perfect for my purposes. I also have an E46 with stock M-Tech shocks and springs (Family members car) and that seems like a nice compromise between comfort and performance for a road car (Personally I wouldn't want to go harsher on a daily driver).

Edited by T.N.R

If you go sway bars, the softer VoGTLand springs might be a good combo.

Personally, I found them to be way too soft for my driving, would always recommend H&R or Eibach instead, the stiffer springs will negate the need for sway bars.

I would check out the cost of Bilsteins or Koni's while you are at it. Simply fitting springs to OEM shocks is always a compromise in performance, the OEM shocks will never keep up with the spring.

yep as above. look good, but soft. not a sporty spring, though better than jamex etc

Thanks guys, good to know about the Vogtland springs. I fitted Koni Strt shocks to my E36 and along with the cobra springs I was impressed by the ride and handling so may just go Strts again for the e46. Stocks had a deal with H&R springs so I will check that out. Drove the car today and noticed the front end was a bit darty so either the alignment is out of as I suspect the FCAB's are shot.