Sign in to follow this  
qube

Square VS Staggered.

i normally put 36psi in all my tyres. feels good so far. will check next week to see if it has dropped and top it up if need be.

definitely feels more planted as you say and its a good feeling. im not looking to do drifts or anything crazy like that and knowing that the car isnt going to lose traction with a bit of acceleration its definitely safer to drive!

For the record, I have Goodyear Eagles on the M3 as the road tyre and now on the 2003 530. I find them to be excellent road tyres.

I have raced bikes and cars competitively and have a bit of experience with tyres in general over the years...

As a good wearing, reasonably priced and pretty good performing tyre I have found them to be more than suitable for "sporty" driving, including a track day (where they admittedly showed up their road nature :) )

If they have a fitment you like and a price that makes them an option I wouldn't (and didn't) rule them out.

^where were your eagle f1s made? ive had them before, both the older directionals and the newer asymmetrics and have liked both.

the only reason i ruled them out was because they were made in thailand or something and it was secondhand. also they were located out of auckland so i didnt want to pay for expensive shipping to get something the seller claimed as 5mm and end up being 3mm etc etc.

I have found them to be more than suitable for "sporty" driving, including a track day (where they admittedly showed up their road nature :) )

If they have a fitment you like and a price that makes them an option I wouldn't (and didn't) rule them out.

As I said, they will not win races nor will they perhaps beat a higher rated (probably faster wearing) tyre BUT if you get a good price and size, they are more than fine as a sporty road tyre....

Not entirely worth ignoring because they don't rate on forum judge, jury and execution panels.

Of course, if you want to win a gumball rally race through the Waitaks, a set of NT01's might best suit but that is a whole different discussion, price point and wear rate... :ph34r:

:)

• Like 1