Sign in to follow this  
darrencnz

E30 clutch replacement options

So it looks like I need to replace the clutch in my e30, I'm running an m52b28 with a factory getrag 240.

I was hoping this would last till I got a ZF gearbox and was kinda hoping to do the gearboxes/flywheel/clutch all at once but it seems it's not going to let me do that now.

I don't want a factory oem replacement but I also don't wanna spend $600-$700 on a high performance one either. Would love some suggestions as to what people have either used themselves or can recommend, I don't have massive horsepower so want something that's going to handle it but not overkill

Cheers

An option is to get your clutch plate re lined and pressure plate resprung. That's around the 5 to 600 dollar mark last time I had it done

I used this when I had an m52 with 240 gearbox /m20 flywheel, http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/clutches/auction-917971060.htm

Uses a Sachs pressure plate. Can't remember what the clutch disc was. Pedal is slightly harder than stock but it's a real good clutch. Took about 1000-1500kms to wear in though, used to make the car shudder when disengaging the clutch in 1st or when trying to reverse, so you need to drive it nicely for a while.

Are you still using the M52B28 dual mass flywheel/clutch? Or did you fit the M20 single mass unit? Not clear from your description... :unsure:

Are you still using the M52B28 dual mass flywheel/clutch? Or did you fit the M20 single mass unit? Not clear from your description... :unsure:

No, im running a lightened m20 flywheel.

I used this when I had an m52 with 240 gearbox /m20 flywheel, http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/clutches/auction-917971060.htm

Uses a Sachs pressure plate. Can't remember what the clutch disc was. Pedal is slightly harder than stock but it's a real good clutch. Took about 1000-1500kms to wear in though, used to make the car shudder when disengaging the clutch in 1st or when trying to reverse, so you need to drive it nicely for a while.

Is that D1 stage 2 a good setup for m20b25 heading for turbo ~300hp?

Is that D1 stage 2 a good setup for m20b25 heading for turbo ~300hp?

I used one of those originally and it let go at 5psi boost.

Now using upgraded Sachs pressure plate and regular disc. No problems at 12~psi.