Sign in to follow this  
MattA

The 540 is for sale!

She's for sale, a bit reluctantly.

Its a rear wheel drive V8 manual, black on black should about do it for description.....

More fun than a handie at the movies as a teenager

Updated Km's and interior photos.

'95 E34 540i, NZ new. About 10 months reg and new WOF.

Has heaps of Km's 288400

Fairly tidy for a twenty year old who's been driven in all manners and sometimes without manners.

I've not really put too much importance on the cosmetics but have always kept it in good oil and serviced it. I'll have a file of maintenance invoices that can be viewed and will stay with the car.

Some of the goodies:

Getrag 420G 6 speed

Blistein HD shocks (guessing 25k on them)

H&R springs, not sure of spring rates but good for road driving

3.25 LSD put together by Kayne Barrie

M5 3.8/MSport 25mm front sway bar

M5 3.8/NURBURGRING 20mm rear sway bar

JB Racing single mass light weight flywheel and 850csi clutch kit, throw out bearing and larger slave cylinder as part of kit.

Exhaust, had custom built from collectors back, no idea if there's any power gains but it sound tits with the noise on.

ACS Type I 8.5" x 17" Et 13. Toyo Proxie 4's.

Cosmo Scwartz.

Black leather, MSport seats with electric adjustable fronts, memory function not working as would need a different harness (if no one else drives it who cares right).

Three spoke steering wheel instead of the boat wheel with the bloody great pillow.

Sun roof.

Shadow lined.

SuperChip chipped ECU, no idea what if any real world power increase this would have made

I have the factory "business" stereo with CD changer for the boot, I replaced it to get blue tooth ph with some generic looking Alpine head unit, all factory speakers, no sub.

I've a Hartage front bumper that needs repair and fitting and a glass Msport rear that can go with if the price is right, both need painting though are some very dark grey (were on Brent's 535 some years ago for those who have been around for a while).

Its going to need suspension bushes as an ongoing maintenance item, I think the stiffer springs / shock and sways and maybe my driving all accelerate this common E34 issue. Just starting to get a slight shimmy so will do the thrust arms prior sale.

Has a tow bar.

Also have a set of Whisper bar roof racks with mounts that can be bought in addition, they have been fitted to the car briefly but they don't really whisper so they came off once I moved away from the surf.

There are a few super market dings and scratches, shes' no perfect show pony

For those of you who have seen it, I think its an honest car its a lot better to drive than look at it.

Aircon needs new pump fitted (I have it, just need to fit it) and will then need re-gassing, the electro-clutch bearing was making a racket so took the belt off as an interim fix.

Price: $9500, I'm realistic and would appreciate any relevant input as I really don't know what its worth in the market.

Not in any hurry to sell if the market is too low it'll stay as a toy.

PM me of more info or a look.

No money no drive.

post-176-0-39598800-1436954440_thumb.jpg

post-176-0-68587000-1436954461.jpg

post-176-0-61360300-1437183354_thumb.jpg

post-176-0-05830300-1437183369.jpg

post-176-0-44724900-1437183837.jpg

post-176-0-39559200-1437183850.jpg

post-176-0-56907900-1437183864.jpg

Edited by MattA
  • Like 1

Has heaps of Km's

Good to know the new owner won't have to buy any extra ones then :lol:

Nice ad though. Should be popular as a manual - the autos really aren't the same!

Good luck!

damnit, wouldve been in touch in a heartbeat if i wasnt so attached to my golf. was looking for one of these :(

Good luck, dont imagine itll hang around long at that price

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

damnit, wouldve been in touch in a heartbeat if i wasnt so attached to my golf. was looking for one of these :(

Good luck, dont imagine itll hang around long at that price

You could always have a multi vehicle setup ;-)

Good to know the new owner won't have to buy any extra ones then :lol:

Still plenty available, though they're not getting any cheaper :lol:

• Like 1

Matt,

This really has that 'I wish I didn't sell that car all those years ago' look to it don't you think?

I have a few of those under my belt, and really...I really wish I didn't sell a few of my past cars, they are just rare as and you never see them on the road.

V8 Manuals are a dying breed

Matt,

This really has that 'I wish I didn't sell that car all those years ago' look to it don't you think?

I have a few of those under my belt, and really...I really wish I didn't sell a few of my past cars, they are just rare as and you never see them on the road.

V8 Manuals are a dying breed

Yep bang on Lionel, rather keep it for w/ends etc, will see how it goes... If it does go I know I'll be hard pressed to ever replace it.

I've a new daily which was agreed to by my CFO (read wife) on the ground I made a solid effort to sell the 330 and the 540.

330 will go up in a few days/week and I'm quietly hoping she'll over look the black 540 in the back shed, I'll buy her something nice as a distraction.

I'm not trying to sell it ;)

• Like 1

Look, if worst comes to worst bring it to my place (I'm about 10 minutes from you) and we'll hide it under some blankets in my shed for a couple months. She'll never see it past the stack of E36 and E39 parts so it'll be nice and safe, and I solemnly promise not to sit in it and make brum brum sounds (though my toddler might!)

After a few short weeks she'll have forgotten all about it and you'l have the new daily and the E34. Win-win!

• Like 1

Look, if worst comes to worst bring it to my place (I'm about 10 minutes from you) and we'll hide it under some blankets in my shed for a couple months. She'll never see it past the stack of E36 and E39 parts so it'll be nice and safe, and I solemnly promise not to sit in it and make brum brum sounds (though my toddler might!)

After a few short weeks she'll have forgotten all about it and you'l have the new daily and the E34. Win-win!

Might have been guilty of sitting in it making brumm brummm sounds on occasion (for the benefit of my kids obviously.....)

I still have my ace card to play, she wants the new 2016 YZ250F when its released and her old one won't be worth much now.

• Like 1

Might have been guilty of sitting in it making brumm brummm sounds on occasion (for the benefit of my kids obviously.....)

Ahh, yeah.........."for the kids"........... :ph34r:

Have seen your car a few times in the New World carpark but never took a closer peek, had no idea its got a proper gearbox!

• Like 1

I'm not trying to sell it  ;)

Doing a rubbish job with your witty ad and competitive pricing then.
  • Like 1

I've been advised from my better half that I need to try harder to sell the 540i.

She sounds like a school teacher....

So, if anyone's interested PM me.

Your better half is wrong. Bring her to the Kentish & we'll talk her around :D

And I can still offer safe storage at a location very close to you for as long as is needed.

I've been advised from my better half that I need to try harder to sell the 540i.

She sounds like a school teacher....

So, if anyone's interested PM me.

Yip that's definitely trying much harder to sell it ;)

Invert Tui ad

• Like 1

My old car. Gutted as all f**kery that It comes up when I have another baby due and the wife aint working.

GLWS!

• Like 1

Perfect family car, perfect for introducing a bit of hooligan to you kids ?

Well, officially not for sale!

Interesting market managed to get a coupe of offers for nearly as much as the clutch / fly wheel kit.

• Like 1

I've always like the E34.

If anything was ever going to tempt me out of one of my e38's it would be one of these. And yours is mighty tempting. :unsure:

Well, officially not for sale!

Interesting market managed to get a coupe of offers for nearly as much as the clutch / fly wheel kit.

So less than 3k was all you were being offered??!

Staggering!

So less than 3k was all you were being offered??!

Staggering!

I will offer 3.5K.LOL.

i think he means 6K been offered.cause manual conversion not cheap