Sign in to follow this  
maikeru

Best tune for E92 335i - JB4?

Hi all,

I'm new around here - have just purchased a 2008 E92 335i and am looking at my tuning option to squeeze a bit more performance out.

Only currently mods is a Remus quad-tip exhaust system.

I have heard a lot about the JB4 tunes you can order, what are you guys experience with them? Is there a better alternative?

Is there anyone here from Christchurch that has installed one?

Thanks!

Another member, FRT, has installed this into his E90 335i and refers to it as the "best money he has ever spent".

I was certainly impressed by the flexibility and functionality of the sytem when I was given a demo of what it could do. The swappable maps is a great feature in my mind, much more flexibility than the usual re-map or chip swap.

Hopefully the weather is good on Sunday so I can get a good feel for the improvements on the old seat-of-the-pants dynanometer.

People with Jb4 will say JB4 people with Cobb accessport will say cobb. Both great , pages and pages of talk about both on google. I have a cobb and love how easy to install and uninstall . Plus you can get custom tunes remotely by Pro Tuning Freaks Or wedge.

Thanks for the response, I hadn't actually heard about the Cobb - doing a bit of reading about it now and it looks like the best solution.

While a bit more expensive than the JB4, I like it is plug and play with the OBD connector. I'm not too confident plugging directly into my ECU etc so I like that pro of it, giving great performance gains!

Yes I've got the JB4 installed that I need to take JTP for a ride in....

I'm not sure which I've has the overall best performance outright but I think they are similar.

The JB4 has sooooo many other features that you can control from the steering wheel on the fly:

Read/delete fault codes

Hijack fuel oil temp gauges

Open exhaust can flap all the time So start up sounds cool.

Adjust waste gate rattle

Adjust open loop fuel

Adjustable shift lights

Self tune on E85 mix

Meth kit ready

Data logging

Track mode that runs high water pump flow etc

.. The list goes on...

The JB4 is a piece of pjss to install so dont worry about that.

Hi all,

I'm new around here - have just purchased a 2008 E92 335i and am looking at my tuning option to squeeze a bit more performance out.

Only currently mods is a Remus quad-tip exhaust system.

I have heard a lot about the JB4 tunes you can order, what are you guys experience with them? Is there a better alternative?

Is there anyone here from Christchurch that has installed one?

Thanks!

Best put this one in the mix too... http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/bmw/3er/f30/335i-10-2011-225kw/index.php