Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

WTB: 850i floor jack adapter

One of these (will also fit E36, E38, etc). Cheapest I can find is NZ$105 shipped but seems a lot for a little piece of metal.

JP_0014_3.JPG

• Like 2

I think the bar that fits in has a specific shape. Hard to fabricate without getting my hands on an original.

I'd just get a crappy stock jack piece with the indented shaft section, replicate it or just use that and have a plate welded on.

shouldnt be too hard to replicate. hell, be awesome and mill it from billet. oh wait, didnt want to spend heaps on it, awww.

27602_x800.jpg

are there not pads on the bottom of the car like E36?

Those would be good for cars that are ummm rather low!

• Like 1

i had one for my first E36, was awesome, so easy to jack the car up and cleared up the underside to put jack stands on the jack pads (which are usually all missing anyway) under the car.

Wonder what grade steel they use? Tried making one using high tensile D16/20 rebar. Fail!

Those would be good for cars that are ummm rather low!

Exactly... Mine's too low for my floor jack now!

This is what we use. Boom.

ri6xbjwrndilvyxaa59u.jpg

ah, but how do you get it to that height to put the stands in?

ah, but how do you get it to that height to put the stands in?

Yep, my issue is getting the jack under the body. The rubber jack pads mean the gap there is now way too small for a standard jack. If I can hack up with the adapters I can then easily fit jack stands where the rubber pads are under the car.

This is what we use. Boom.

ri6xbjwrndilvyxaa59u.jpg

Expecting rain??

the one i had from Pelican was really solid and really bloody heavy.

even my e34 msport was too low for std jacks...the factory jack was a paint in the proverbial to use too

I'd be in on a group buy if we could get them fabricated locally. The standard jack on an E36 uses those holes and has the correct shaped arm, one of those could be sacrificed as a template.

The material needs to be REALLY, REALLY strong, SweetM3 (Mark) had one that he got from the US bend and I don't want that happening to me!

I'm in and it needs to hold 2 tonnes of German muscle!!

even my e34 msport was too low for std jacks...the factory jack was a paint in the proverbial to use too

This ^

Make some ramps out of 2x4 and ply. Done ;)

Would like ramps too for when I want to get underneath but no good when I want the wheels off!!!

What would be good is a reinforcing plate for the front crossmember so the car can be evenly lifted from one central point. Dunno about others but it gives me the shits lifting one side 500mm+ and resting it on a stand then hurrying around to the other side and gingerly jacking it up to balance it on another stilt.

At least the arse end can be lifted up from the diff!

• Like 1

lol on most if not all my BMWs i would need to take the front bumper/lip iff to get up any kind of off the shelf ramp!

low is a life style

flatcap.jpg

• Like 2

What would be good is a reinforcing plate for the front crossmember so the car can be evenly lifted from one central point. Dunno about others but it gives me the shits lifting one side 500mm+ and resting it on a stand then hurrying around to the other side and gingerly jacking it up to balance it on another stilt.

At least the arse end can be lifted up from the diff!

On my E30s and E36s I use the front crossmember a lot. But even its hard to get the jack up to, and it's a long way under the car from the front! With a flash as proper commercial low profile jack it'd be fine, but repco don't sell those :P Edited by huff3r

The idea of a ramp allows the jack to get underneath the car :)

See below... Or it will have to be a long ramp with a gentle incline!

lol on most if not all my BMWs i would need to take the front bumper/lip iff to get up any kind of off the shelf ramp!

low is a life style

flatcap.jpg

low is a life style

flatcap.jpg

Word. I had to weld extensions to my car ramp things to get a smoother angle of incline when I had the E36 otherwise it scraped the pretty M3 front bumper, and that was without the lower lip piece!