Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

WTB: 850i floor jack adapter

Mike's the CAD man! Not much in it for him though now his e36 has moved on. Maybe he'll do it for coffees at our monthly catch ups?! E36, 34 and 31 all have identical slots, so there will be plenty of members who can benefit from a run of these.

Mike's the CAD man! Not much in it for him though now his e36 has moved on. Maybe he'll do it for coffees at our monthly catch ups?! E36, 34 and 31 all have identical slots, so there will be plenty of members who can benefit from a run of these.

not E34! maybe E39 typo?

not E34! maybe E39 typo?

E38, sorry.

I'll draw something up tomorrow :P

I have an E46 one as a sample - are they the same as the other models?

Only costly part will be having the shaft machined with those indentations.

Not sure. The ones I've seen for sale have been only for E31, E34 and E38 so guessing the E46 ones are different.

On my E30s and E36s I use the front crossmember a lot. But even its hard to get the jack up to, and it's a long way under the car from the front! With a flash as proper commercial low profile jack it'd be fine, but repco don't sell those :P

Exactly why I stopped buying rubbish tools from Ripco ages ago! Build a relationship with your local engineers shop dude, it's frikkin amazing what kit they have and how reasonably priced it is :) Bought a 2000kg low profile steel creeper jack about a year ago for $240+, far better than the ali ones! Good to know the crossmember is ok to lift from, still tempted to look at reinforcing though!

Hmmm, how about the E39?

E39 just has a lifting point on the chassis, wee little plastic moulding that accepts the head of the factory screw jack, like normal cars. Not sure about the pre-facelift but I imagine they'd be the same :)