Sign in to follow this  
gc8r

Church St European E46 M3

looks nice except im not a fan of the red leather interior. 30k seems to be the standard go-to asking price, i think its a bit on the high side as it was that price 2 years ago.

the kms is just around the 100k mark when a lot of things start to break and need doing so I would get it properly checked out and use that to bring the price down a bit, otherwise looks awesome and always good to get an e46 m3!

I looked at it a while back. The red is not as red as the pics suggest and i could live with it. The interior was a bit rough for me..that plastic coating on a lot of the surfaces around the inside doors with was pretty ragged from memory.

I wonder if 26.5k be low balling for the car?

That would give me some extra funds from the bidget for me to do some maintenance work on the car for my peace of mind.

My old car... Purchased it brand new ... Still have photos of it in shipping package wax

The same one that got shunted?

Yep ... rear ended by a drunk driver 2 weeks after picking it up or something .. I can't recall exactly now that it has been so long.

Majority of the impact was on the exhaust, so that was replaced cat back .. the floor had a very minor dent where the boot closed - this in turn pull the boot in and it was replaced also. No rear chassis rail damage and the boot floor was repaired not replaced. Basically the other car submarined under the M3. No rear tail lights were damaged. I might even still have the repair invoice somewhere. But the parts replaced were boot, bumper, bumper support, diffuser and exhaust. I also recall fondly that the assessor wouldn't approve replacing the ehxuast heat shield because it had a 5cm crease in it and said to the repairer to just striaghten it out ... honestly if you looked at it you wouldn't even know it was creased - so that's the extent the repairer went to to make sure it was as good as new.

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, this car isn't part of the bearing recall period - so if you were wondering why it was not done it is because it had the latest bearings when it was manufactured, so no recall was necessary.

Also when I owned it it was trouble free. My understanding was the subsequent owner to me was a real enthusiast and took reall good care of the car and it had a CPV leak so that was replace and a power steering hose leak which was also replaced by the main dealer.

Edited by M3_Power

Hmmmm I'm really in a dilemma now.

My heart says M3 my brain says keep the BRZ.

I've always loved every minute in the old E36 and E46 M3's I've had so my heart says yes but my brain says otherwise.

At the end of the day were you satisfied with the repair of the car or was that the cause of you wanting to sell it early?

Its an e46 m3, after some checks to subframe issues and usual maintenance ... just do it. Ask Nick what he thinks now of his e46 m3

The repair was top notch done by Euro Collision (now German Kollision Haus) and being an Insurance payout it was basically a no expense spared repair (less the exhaust heat shield lol). Honestly, take it to any other place and they probably wouldn't have replaced so many parts. I sold the car because the warranty expired and I traded it for a CSL.

Had to go with Motor Service's Cam from advice from Glenn because BM Workshop was booked out for two weeks.

Glad you listened to the options I gave you. Cam should give you the right answers.

Going in for pre purchase check on Friday :)

Did you arrange this through Craig? I paid the deposit on the M3 to secure the car today, and I'm getting a pre purchase inspection at Bellar Motor Works on Friday...

Will be interesting to see what the pre-purchase inspection says. On the surface it appears to be very tidy, so hopefully there are no hidden demons underneath.

Edited by JohnM575

Good luck with it :) I've had two before so I know they're nice!

This case was more of a stuff and communication error on the dealers end so I have no qualms over this situation ;)