Sign in to follow this  
chadders23

BMW 330i TM Info wanted

Does seem to be asking a premium over others of similar year and spec... have to at least be a motorsport version for that kinda price IMO

Depends what kinda service history can be provided too, considering its NZ New.

Yea its got pretty much full service history i think, and from what i can see the original buyer got every single extra possible inc reverse parking sensors, sport/bucket leather seats, sunroof, steering wheel controls, upgraded stereo, cruise control etc etc. I think this is reflected by the higher price. Every other one ive looked at has maybe one or two of the above mentioned extras but not all..

wouldnt pay more than $5k for this myself.

Agreed

You are both obviously on the wrong forum if you dont think that car is worth over 5k smh. Tell me what BMWs you both currently drive and what you paid please.

Pros:

Reasonable mileage, good condition, service history, NZ new, 330i

Cons:

Not a popular colour combo, beige leather and wood... Non-m-sport, awful wheels, tape deck, no bluetooth

$5k may be a little harsh, but certainly nowhere near a $10.5k car - anyone that puts "tyres nitrogen filled" on their car advert has some odd ideas about motoring. I would put it in the $6k range, he is into 6-cylinder E90 money at his asking.

Keep an eye on the $1 reserve silver M-sport 330i auction, currnetly at just over $4k (sorry silly browser won't let me copy a link at the moment) to see where that ends up.

Since you asked... FWIW, my wife's car is an '04 330d M-Sport touring manual brought it in many moons ago and the purchase price wasn't much above his asking way back then - but it was from the Uk.

• Like 1

You are both obviously on the wrong forum if you dont think that car is worth over 5k smh. Tell me what BMWs you both currently drive and what you paid please.

youre telling me im on the wrong forum with 34 posts compared to my 2700? lol smh at you

Jon pretty much summed up all the pros and cons i agree with him 100%

ive owned over 10 bmw's and one of them was a genuine msport 2002 Facelif 330i sedan in black with black suede interior, sunroof, 19" genuine bmw wheels, service history with 130'ks at the time of purchase which was like 4 years ago and I paid 10k for it. sold it 2 years later for 9k

you can get pretty nice 330i msports for around $5-6k these days.

$5k may be a little harsh, but certainly nowhere near a $10.5k car - anyone that puts "tyres nitrogen filled" on their car advert has some odd ideas about motoring. I would put it in the $6k range, he is into 6-cylinder E90 money at his asking.

^^^^^ This

Any item is only worth what the market is willing to pay for it. Your perception of a cars value could be very different to the sellers, such are the joys of auctions!

i did say that i would only 'pay' 5k for it. not that it was 'worth' 5k. imo its worth 6k and hence my reason for saying id pay 5k.

also for me to love this car, it would need at least msport suspension or adjustables and bodykit which would cost another 2k or so.

then i would have to remove those wolverine looking wheels and change it for something better another $500-1k

youre telling me im on the wrong forum with 34 posts compared to my 2700? lol smh at you

Christ i would hate to see whats been said in those 2700 posts haha.

Yea ok enough about the first car, thoughts on the Motorsport model that i posted further down the forum for $1res, im going to bid on it and wondering what you would perceive a 'fair' price. Keeping in mind that its in very tidy condition, current owner has had since about 50,000kms and all maintence etc has been done, doesnt burn or leak a drip of oil etc etc.

Heres the link: http://www.trademe.c...px?id=921682513

Edited by chadders23

The first car would be worth the 10.5k if it were 5 speed. Unfortunately, being automatic and a fairly unpopular model (Sedan, interior combo + non-m sport, no bluetooth and tape deck), it's not worth more than around 6-6.5k. It is in great condition for what it is, but it's no m-sport, or a manual.

In terms of Msport 330's - I've seen them go from 6k for a shitter to upwards of 12k for a perfect condition example.

Edited by Rubix

Christ i would hate to see whats been said in those 2700 posts haha.

more of the same sort of thing really.. lol

Yea ok enough about the first car, thoughts on the Motorsport model that i posted further down the forum for $1res, im going to bid on it and wondering what you would perceive a 'fair' price. Keeping in mind that its in very tidy condition, current owner has had since about 50,000kms and all maintence etc has been done, doesnt burn or leak a drip of oil etc etc.

Heres the link: http://www.trademe.c...px?id=921682513

this looks nice, again, i would say around 6k tops because there are lots of good deals to be had given the right timing and budget.

as Rubix said, shitters go for 6k and minters are asking over 10k. i am still seeing those e46's thats been listed for the past year or two years because its just overpriced.

there were a couple of really really nice msport 330ci's around 2002-2004 cant remember that sold for just under 8k a few months ago.

Yea theres a couple of nice 330ci on trademe atm for that 6-7 mark from memory (only really looking in South Island) They look the tits but for work etc id be better off with a four door. And im wanting something decent thats really tidy that i will have for a good few years.

just had a quick look through trademe at all the e46 330i sedans. basically no good msport + low mileage combo at a good price at the moment. some nice msport ones around 7k but high kms, probably not really worth it..

Pricing seems to be shifting pretty quick with E46 330i models. I remember when I bought my 325i E36 in 2009 for 5k, it seems like quite a good buy as a 16 year old car. Any decent 330i models coupe/sedan/wagon were all in excess of 15k at that time, 20k or whereabouts for a well optioned model.

I would have though 6,7,8k would be relative for a decent 330i example, condition dependent now days. Less than 5k seems 318-320-323i money.

My dad just bought a single owner NZ new 330i Motorsport sedan for 7.5k with all the service history, 188km. Seems very reasonable at the end of the day, only fault I've noticed with the car are slightly tired engine mounts giving a bit of vibration at low rpms.