Sign in to follow this  
gc8r

E46 M3 Silverstone Edition

So I've been resigned to losing M3 Power's old E46 M3 so decided to look abroad.

Would it make any sense to bring in a E46 M3 Silverstone edition from the UK and would that be as rare as the lovely CS and CSL in this country hoping that it will hold its prices better here than it would else where?

Looks like its only a cosmetic change rather than any upgrades mechanically so I am well aware of that but the 50 only in the world does appeal to me greatly ;)

What would you guys recommend?

Wait out for a nice M3 or bring a limited edition from the UK (pending all checks are good)

I wouldn't bother. Personally I think they look a bit naff. If you were going to the effort I'd look to get a CS or CSL from the UK but if memory serves me right (which it may not) you need a SIV permit to import them now.

If it were me I'd hold out locally.

ugh, hope you could option it WITHOUT this fugly blue interior

zoom_BMW_M3_SILVERSTONE_EDITION_2.jpg

CSL is much more than just a carbon roof and a cool name over a normal M3. I'd suggest waiting for a CSL, these are appreciating nicely here and prices are heading stratospheric overseas.

CSL is much more than just a carbon roof and a cool name over a normal M3. I'd suggest waiting for a CSL, these are appreciating nicely here and prices are heading stratospheric overseas.

Check the prices for LHD CSLs, crazy.

Importing not quite so attractive now with the dollar slipping. I had plans of bringing something back with me this year, but I think cheaper to buy here if you are prepared to be patient.

So this would be around a NZD$40k car landed

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e46-m3-00-06/--silverstone-edition--1-of-only-50-ever-made--bmw-secret-production-run--fsh--hpi-clear--2-owners/4508613

i really like this colour combo.. even those blue seats look awesome to me

That's nearly E90 M3 money, for an admittedly pretty special edition E46.

That is E9X M3 money.

• Like 1