Sign in to follow this  
WYZEUP

Pros & cons of 5 stud conversion on e30

So im looking to go down the path of 5 stud conversion on my e30. have the ti rear end and looking to bring in the suspension arms etc....

for the people that have done it what are your thoughts and pros and cons of doing it? wheel options etc....

thanks

You are going m50 turbo yeah?

Def do the five stud now while you are at it and before you start ordering your suspension parts. It also opens up a world of bolt on bigger brakes (e46 etc). Wheel options is also up there.

Can't be any cons apart from money and time doing it

• Like 1

I have recently completed it on my car and there's more positive than negative in my opinion if you are looking at doing coilovers etc as well.

Pro's Better brake options cheaper, more wheel options and 1 piece style 5 16x8's can be had for $150 :), Coilovers don't need welding, spares are easier to come across and cheap.

Con's Still needs to be certed but not an issue if you are doing other bits as well, Huge amount of misinformation around geometry and what parts fit etc, add $500 on top of your budget.

I ended up running Front: E36 M3 evo Arms, SLR adjustable control arm bush set, E36 knuckles, E36 fit coilovers with custom valving and 7kg spring into a E30 adjustable top hat.

Rear: Z3 2.8 subframe with camber and castor adjustment plates, Z3 arms, E30 Med case LSD, E30 axles, E30 rear adjustable shock and spring with adjuster.

I also raised the subframe 22mm to give me more camber and castor correction with the car lowish

I am running the standard brakes from E36 front and Z3 rear but looking into retrofitting something better.

• Like 1

Only negatives for me and its because of the z3 m-coupe rear trailing arms is that I cant use low ET wheels (eg 5 series, 7 series sized wheels) .. anything under et30 is a no go for my rear wheels. Fronts have to have spacers because of it, but all good. Plenty of mid-high offset wheels out there so all good.