Sign in to follow this  
Brad-325i

07 E90 Rear View Mirror

So the misus purchased a new 07 E90. Now im only familiar with my old but very trusty 95 E36.

Her rear view mirror has a slot for a button or two on the top and an SD Card slot, what seems to look like a camera on the windscreen side and a red light on the bottom????

What the heck is this all for?? especially the SD card slot?

Ive googled the hell out of this and cant find a straight answer. Maybe im just wording my search wrong? Or google skills arent quite up there :(

Im sure someone on here will know exactly what it is and have a good laugh at my expense :P

I believe it's "high beam assist". Auto dims your lights at night when traffic is close and switches back to high beam when clear. My mates E60 has it and we were very puzzled too. No idea why there is what appears to be a memory card slot, but pro tip - My mate thought his cameras memory card would fit.. it didn't, very difficult to get back out. Hopefully somebody can elaborate, or correct me if need be.

Yip. Toll card reader, NA for NZ