Sign in to follow this  
Family Wagon

WTB: M3 S50 3.0 bottom end parts or whole engine

An oil disaster in track testing a couple of weeks ago caused some serious damage in my poor old M3s S50 B30 engine; bearings, crank and con rods.

I'm wondering if anyone has any spares or whole engines?

So gutted, the car was getting dialled in nicely and a blast to drive and I was eyeing up production class racing in Sept, which looks like a long shot now :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bugger, sorry to hear that.

Mike Starnes did have some E36 M3 parts for sale in the Race Series - Technical section, not sure what he has left now.

Arron Harris' old race engine was for sale on TradeMe (not by Arron though) a little while back, but was quite a few $$$s

Or try Geoff, FIAT131R on here, he has a few engines tucked away in his shed in Wellytown.

Hi Jon, thanks very much for the tips. Is the Arron Harris engine the S50B32 with Shrick cams? Unfortunately that's out of my budget and hard to know condition internally but yeah I noticed that.

I'll dig into the Tech section and maybe PM Geoff.

Thanks again!

Just seen the S50B32 with the Shricks on TradeMe and I think that is a different engine, and the one I was thinking of is not listed any more.

I will ask around see if I can find out if it's still available.

Thanks for the referral Jon. I only have the one M54 B30 and that's in the old race car. I do have the odd S54 engine across a wide range from a second hand 2006 engine with 76,800km complete with all ancillaries to completely rebuilt engines.

• Like 1

I'm looking for an s54 engine Geoff. PM me if you are selling. have one sorted in the UK, but if there's one here for the right price, I'd be in.

If I did, I would be selling my s50b30 race engine "family wagon"

I'm looking for an s54 engine Geoff. PM me if you are selling. have one sorted in the UK, but if there's one here for the right price, I'd be in.

If I did, I would be selling my s50b30 race engine "family wagon

It is probably best you give me a call to discuss what you actually want as there are so many options and whether you want the loom, ECU with EWS and keys, headers, ancillaries etc.

I have a 2006 engine one of the last produced for S54 with 48,000 miles or 76,800km.

Geoff

021 449 242

Hey Geoff - where do you find all these goodies?? Your shed must be a purists wet dream!!

I have a 2006 engine one of the last produced for S54 with 48,000 miles or 76,800km.

Or is it one of those ' I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ' situations?

Hey Geoff - where do you find all these goodies?? Your shed must be a purists wet dream!!

Why he hasn't built an S74 yet i don't know.

• Like 1

Maybe he has but just hasn't told anyone??

well its not in my car so it doesn't exist lol

• Like 1

Or is it one of those ' I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ' situations?

Well I needed a few engines for myself and imported a few more for extras. A couple of them have been rebuilt with JE pistons etc, upgraded oil pumps, rebuilt vanos and are for sale. I have been looking for a good E46 M3 with a blown engine to put the 2006 engine in but haven't seen any come up at the right price. I can't go killing potential customers so you are quite safe.

There has been more than the odd envious look when people see what is in the workshop.

Edited by FIAT 131R
  • Like 2