Sign in to follow this  
jin108

Group buy - Awron performance gauge

Hey guys

Gauging interest for a group buy for an Awron gauge. I have been in touch with them and they are willing to do a 25% discount for 5 gauges or 30% for 15 gauges.

The standard price for an E9x are EUR 587 plus 2% paypal fee. Shipping for one unit is EUR 35. Not sure how much for a bunch of them. So excluding shipping a 25% discount would be EUR 449 which at current fx rates is around NZD 746. Not cheap i know but the gauge is pure sex. And would hold a good resale value.

Check on the website whether your car model is supported - http://www.awron-shop.de/awron-performance-display-systems

Edit: shipping for 5 displays is EUR 68 and for 15 displays EUR 92.

So 5 displays at 25% discount will come to EUR 462 each approx $772 and 30% discount EUR 425 or $710.

Edit 2: Forgot to add there will probably be customs and gst to pay on this.

E9xDGA_Instruction manual V1.0.pdf

Edited by jin108

this is very cool. but only problem is its on the left side, good for left hand drive cars but i think not so good for our right hand drive cars. the display will be on the passengers side :(

They do LHD and RHD configurations! Check out their website for now details and supported models.

cool. but you loose a AC vent?

Update - shipping for 5 displays is EUR 68 and for 15 displays EUR 92.

Looks like these gauges are not compatible with JB4. I think its because the gauge is controlled via steering wheel buttons which the JB4 hijacks.

M5V8 - yes you lose an AC vent but the air flow volume should remain the same - instead of air vented through 2 ducts just goes through a single duct.

Buy A cobb v3

I have the MHD app which also has myriad of gauges to choose from (and is better than cobb for tune flashing). But I prefer to not have dangling cords and phone mount. And phone/cobb do not charge from the OBD port.

Sure i could go about trying to build one. But to have it look like an OEM feature? No. These units replace the vent mount entirely.

$700 is a lot of money for something you do with a smartphone and a bluetooth OBDII dongle. The only thing I see here is dashboard integration which you can do yourself with a spare smartphone.

These devices don't get the BMW specific protocol which gives you a lot more than just stock OBD realtime values.

It really is like $650 to fit it in a vent. $50 for the electronics.

I did see gauge holders for vents when I was looking around on Ebay. They were for E90's too. I was after something for the Mrs S13 at the time. They were less than $30USD. Fit your own gauge to it. Or mod it and fit a OLED Arduino kit to it.

You could even run it on a Raspberry Pi. And display it on a factory screen if your car has one. Pi's are a little slow to start up though.

Wow i never knew custom gauges were so easy to make lol. Cant wait for you guys to post details of your own custom displays.

Pi's are a little slow to start up though.

We have one starting up in 3 seconds ...

• Like 1

We have one starting up in 3 seconds ...

Can you provide more details please