3pedals

Alfa Guilia

77 posts in this topic

Much rumoured but getting closer to our shores maybe?

Could be on my shopping list as an alternative to M3 or 335i now they have ditched front wheel drive.

Attributes:

50/50 weight balance

double wishbone front end

available in 6 speed manual

has 4 doors

Nuts version has twin turbo V6 poking out 60kw more than M3 and weighs 150kg less

BMW appear to be straying from the purity - might be time to go

post-649-0-26804900-1438920040.png

post-649-0-99095800-1438920067.png

6 people like this

side profile looks like a E9x, hood contours remind me of the Fuga. All cars that are nice. count me in if there's an Estate version.

Yup, a lovely looking thing. Wonder how long till it explodes....

5 people like this

Jeez thats gorgeous.

And it'll look even better as it's parked on the side of the road waiting for a tow as I drive past in my Bimmer.

Edited by kulgan
4 people like this

On a more serious note ha, hope it works for them. Car world needs far more Italian to be honest.

2 people like this

You should hear it !!!!

There are a few clips of it makes an M3 look tame and predictable

Yeah that is hot, sometimes we all need a fling with a hot Italian, even if you lose all your money

1 person likes this

Oh hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Red Dwarf
1 person likes this

You should hear it !!!!

There are a few clips of it makes an M3 look tame and predictable

The stock system sounds good although some may consider it a little muted. Something from Akrapovic or Tubi sorts that, releases a few more horses, and weighs less.

curious to see what models will come to NZ and what pricing is like - local dealers have no idea as usual

This just gets better... I'd given up watching rallying...

11828775_10153641819993083_2565982714450

ALFA Romeo Giulietta WRC concept!!!

1 person likes this

I like the styling, but....... where the hell do you put your Euro plate or even a number plate on the front without making it look rangi ??

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
1 person likes this

Hood Ornament Europlates sound great.

I like the styling, but....... where the hell do you put your Euro plate or even a number plate on the front without making it look rangi ??

Remember this?

33-EJB-Mini-Sport.jpg

(...and now everyone knows where my user name comes from!!)

Edited by Red Dwarf
1 person likes this

Unfortunately

Alfa seem to be heading down the same path apparently there is only a pre production car floating around, production dates are not confirmed market entry dates are not set, models are not set. Rumour is we might see a couple of the high spec turbo V6's in 2017 pricing is around $150,000 and likely to be auto only.

Great concept likely to be shot down by rubbish delivery and dealer complacency.

Back to a short list of M3 or 335

Alfa Romeo is (well it was) a special kind of company... Their design brief used to contain "make it sound like an Alfa" and the accountants were treated as being somewhere between he bloke who counts the wheel nuts on the production line and whoever sweeps the factory floor!

My guess it that the Guilia GTA will happen ! If only because they haven't done something completely unhinged in years!

...And Alfa will always build a manual version of whatever for the real drivers amongst us!

...And Alfa will always build a manual version of whatever for the real drivers amongst us!

Manual - so that when being towed it negates the risk of lunching the auto box... B)

5 people like this

Alfa are definitely planning a manual, however the local importers are unlikely to bring them in

Update from another local dealer suggests the first production Guilias willl be alll manual in right hand drive for the UK market and our spec will be based on the UK car. They are likely to arrive in NZ at the end of 2016

Likely to have a normally aspirated 3 litre and the stonking twin turbo in the early line up - only question now is: will it really happen and willl ne normally aspirated V6 be good enough as a secondary school bus, don't really want to let a 16 year old loose in a 379kW manual

If anyone's interested, I'm going to have some internal organs for sale around late 2016!

2 people like this

Looks like it's been delayed by 6 months or so, more time to save up eh Red Dwarf, one more organ you can keep.

Latest news from the local dealers - we know nothing, come back in 6 months.

material on the web suggests 3 versions:

Top model - 3 litre turbo V6 -to rival the M3- how many times have we heard that

next model down - 2 litre turbo about as good and an old m3 ( 210 kW )

base model - detuned 2 litre about as good as an old 328

Seems Alfa don't quite have the balls to front up with a decent range of cars - might start looking for an old Alfetta GTV as a project car to sate my Alfa appetite

1 person likes this

Miss M has been showing significant interest in a 147... Not quite a Guila or similar, but it's an aspiration I'm keen to encourage. :)

I went away from Alfa when they went front wheel drive , had a look at the 156 when I was looking at 328's sadly even an Alfa FWD doesn't really cut it compared to a well balanced RWD . most of the reviews made the same assessment --- Nice but no cigar as they say.

Definitely like the twin spark motor but below the head is basically Fiat in the older ones.

I went away from Alfa when they went front wheel drive , had a look at the 156 when I was looking at 328's sadly even an Alfa FWD doesn't really cut it compared to a well balanced RWD . most of the reviews made the same assessment --- Nice but no cigar as they say.

Definitely like the twin spark motor but below the head is basically Fiat in the older ones.

Ron, you need to drive the 147GTA... 250hp through the front wheels is all the entertainment you need!!