3pedals

Alfa Guilia

Mike, don't think it meets my door and seat requirement

I had the pleasure of seeing a GTA in the flesh at the Alfa museaum in Arese a couple of weeks ago... Jaw droppingly gorgeous!

That's the sad bit Mike they do look stunning , but unless you are prepared to stump up north of $160k for the fire breathing version you might as well but a 330 auto because it will be a better car than the base versions with too many cup holders and not enough pedals and kilowatts .

And why would you pay $160 k for an un proven Guilia when you can get a new M3 for the same money?

And why would you pay $160 k for an un proven Guilia when you can get a new M3 for the same money?

Given that that cars are destined for the same market segment and all things being equal... I simply prefer pasta to sauerkraut!

Edited by Red Dwarf
  • Like 1

Bet ya the sauerkraut will be around a long time after the Pasta has "gone off"

• Like 2

Bet ya the sauerkraut will be around a long time after the Pasta has "gone off"

A McDonalds burger will allegedly last a while too, but I don't want one. ;-)

I'd be happy with either, but if I had the BMW I'd always be wondering "What if...?" I don't know if I'd feel the same if I had the Alfa. (But perhaps it'd be more "I wish I hadn't...")

Yeah and I did 17 years with one Alfa, I'm only up to 14 with the (first) BMW

But if we add up the cumulative use of the BMW's its about 600,000 km and 28 years - the Alfa only clocked up about 100,000km while I owned it

I thought 'how bad could a 2008 Q4 159 with 70km be?'

Answer - worse than your worst nightmare.

I mean I would rather just have an engine blow up and be done with it.

But like Clarkson said, they are unique, as no two Alfas ever have the exact same problem on the same day.

However, I want the Guilia, looks awesome!

Edited by Nick G

Not entirely on topic (not that that has ever stopped anyone before!) but this goes some way to showing why people buy cars like Alfa Romeos. Or indeed, anything that has a likelihood of breaking down at some point.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a27034/alfa-romeo-4c-spider-review/

A.R. Australia list just an 8 speed auto- no doubt the same lack of imagination will follow here -  off the list

On 7/19/2016 at 9:20 PM, E36 325 said:

An Alfa owner and a BMW owner talking about reliability, you guys are cute

Heh he. I've owned around 10 cars, including an Alfasud and an Alfa 75. The least reliable car I've ever had?

A 2005 NZ new 530i. Terrible car for faults.

I'm very happy Alfa have produced the Giulia, but the media will now crucify it based upon 40 year old stereotypes.

18 hours ago, RustyItalian said:

...but the media will now crucify it based upon 40 year old stereotypes.

That's because the overwhelming majority of journalist are completely clueless unless it's the latest self-driving mung bean consuming box with all the appeal of a 4 day old used nappy!... Real cars must bring them out in a cold sweat! 

... And I still drive my 28 year old Alfa most days!!

Edited by Red Dwarf

Chris Harris says the manual is garbage.

Maybe the car I know is a lemon, but 10(!) warranty claims in 2 years is not acceptable reliability.

36 minutes ago, m325i said:

Maybe the car I know is a lemon, but 10(!) warranty claims in 2 years is not acceptable reliability.

Agreed - That's only 2/3rds as bad as a Holden Astra I once had as a work car, over a slightly shorter time period.

Edited by Allanw

Autocar had a test of the fire breathing V6 vs M4 and Benz 63

two sedans and a coupe BMW?

Alfa weighs 130kg more than M4  .1 secs faster to 100k faster and more dynamic than M4  they claim

BUT UK only getting autos - suggests there will be NO RHD manuals - gone burger.

It's been confirmed there are no RHD manuals. 

Multiple journalists also confirm manual sucks anyway. So no loss. 

So just one then, to keep at the beach house in Spain  and an M3 or 335 down here tough choices - now just need to find a  red 4 door manual M3 or 335 I or d

I guess I'll be calling Autodelta in the UK then...

Bit pricey imo, but would make a great and much cheaper alternative to a new Alfa.

1984 Alfa GTV6

Just for a bit of entertainment I rang the local Alfa dealer to find out when they expect the Guilia 

• answer  some time in 2017
  • asked the what versions - don't know maybe the cooking version and the silly version
  • asked if the manual was coming in answer - don't know

The rest of the world KNOWs they are not making either version in Manual & RHD  - well done those dealers for warming us up to the new M 3 beater

Also - maybe - coming in 2017...

ALFA_Giulia_Sportwagon-626x382.jpg

And there is talk of a Audi Q3-sized SUV, too.

ALFA_SUV

M3 beater;  it will beat the M3 to the service counter to fix everything that will break on it. Still it will be more reliable than a Lancia I suppose.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbmiester said:

M3 beater;  it will beat the M3 to the service counter to fix everything that will break on it. Still it will be more reliable than a Lancia I suppose.  

So harsh! ;)