Sign in to follow this  
BMTHUG

Newest addition

So I picked up this yesterday

Posted Image

She is a 1987 325I Baur. South African import (just like me ^_^) with a stuffed transmission (only goes in reverse,no forward drive gears) appears to be a genuine mtech 1 also. I will be doing a manual conversion as soon as I locate a manual box. I have purchased all the other bits ( pedal box, flywheel,etc). I have had the dream of owning one since I was really young as my cousin had one back home with full 325is running gear.

I am super excited about this baby. She needs quite a bit of work ( indicators dont work but hazards do, rust spots on doors and obviously a stuffed gearbox) but for 3 k I couldn't say no. I will have more pics of her soon. Also I cannot figure out why the front removable part of the roof won't come off so if anyone has any tips I am all ears. She came on these BBS rims which seem to be genuine but not really my style (17's). Thoughts are welcomed :) oh and as with all e30s the speedo doesnt work haha so parts guys out there if yall can help I would appreciate it :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 6

Thanks Kyu :) dude I have been looking for an e30 for a while :D

That looks great! Love the wheels too.

• Like 1

It needs a lot of work mate but nothing I dont want to do :)

looks cool ,

just make sure you get the correct gearbox and flywheel with the provision

for the 2 crank sensors mounted in the bellhousing and the pickup reference point on the flywheel.

otherwise it wont run , or you will need to convert the engine loom , front crank pully ,sensors and ecu etc to later facelift type

• Like 1

NIce find.

I'm looking forward to watching this progress.

• Like 1

So it was you that brought this! She'll be in good hands then. Good buy!

• Like 1

Nice one! That is quite a collection you have! I have some Baur specific parts so let me know if you need anything.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Brent it doesn't seem to have the sensor mounted on the bellhousing so I should be okay :) thanks everyone for the feedback. Its a pretty cool car!!

thanks for my new car bae hahahahah

• Like 1

thanks for my new car bae hahahahah

Hahaha you trippin girl. My car bae. Thats my new fling haha

So just an update. I have most of the parts for the manual conversion. Turns out the gearbox I will have will work with a little drilling in the factory bellhousing casting for the crank sensors like Brent said. I will hopefully be picking up the correct flywheel for it too seeing as I may have the wrong one. Other than that I just need to find the fluid lines from the booster to the clutchmaster cylinder and also the fluid lines to the slave cylinder too. Anyone who has any of these parts please let me know thanks. I have money haha

Edited by EUROHO

96bcf77149ee70da50077cae2f12e865.jpg

See the casting for where the sensor holes should be for my pfl engine.

a4dbcf13580a6e9f80bf1ead8dc934cd.jpg

Most of the parts here apart from lines. Flywheel may be wrong

Here in the shop

3ce507f87f9d0fe47aa65bc23d5263da.jpg

Edited by EUROHO

So just an update. I have most of the parts for the manual conversion. Turns out the gearbox I will have will work with a little drilling in the factory bellhousing casting for the crank sensors like Brent said. I will hopefully be picking up the correct flywheel for it too seeing as I may have the wrong one. Other than that I just need to find the fluid lines from the booster to the clutchmaster cylinder and also the fluid lines to the slave cylinder too. Anyone who has any of these parts pleaee let me know thanks. I have money haha

Can't help with parts but am interested in the flywheel if it's an M20 single mass type :) Consider it fundraising for the correct flywheel!

• Like 1

Can't help with parts but am interested in the flywheel if it's an M20 single mass type :) Consider it fundraising for the correct flywheel!

Yeah man it could be. Haha pm me dude. we can sort something out :)

Probably also easier to make the lines yourself, can't imagine the fittings would be too hard to find. Hell, E36 ones probably use the same thread pitch and diameter!

• Like 1

NIce find.

I'm looking forward to watching this progress.

Thanks mate. Some progress will be made soon hopefully :)

Nice find! Enjoy.

Thanks dude. I shall enjoy :)

Nice one!  That is quite a collection you have!  I have some Baur specific parts so let me know if you need anything.

Hi Stephen. I will give you a ring tomorrow regarding those parts :) thanks mate

the LHD cars have the clutch master than runs off the brake reservoir, for our RHD cars they have a seperate reservoir than mounts on the battery tray directly above the pedal, and then the line from the master to the slave goes up over the top of the engine and down to the left hand side where the slave is. this part very hard to ship, someone might be willing, or just make up your own.

All of this stuff is available brand new from BMW still if required.

(edited for clarity)

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 1

the LHD cars have the master than runs off the brake booster, for our RHD cars they have a seperate reservoir than mounts on the battery tray directly above the pedal, and then the line from the master to the slave goes up over the top of the engine and down to the left hand side where the slave is. this part very hard to ship, someone might be willing, or just make up your own.

All of this stuff is available brand new from BMW still if required.

Ahhh I see Andy. My car seems to have the type that runs a linkage from the clutch pedal on the pedalbox to the master cylinder which will run off the brakebooster on the passenger side. Its pretty weird haha

the master cylinder bolts onto the pedal box, then you need to get fluid to it somehow..

i guess there is no reason you couldnt run it off the brake reservoir, the nipple on the brake reservoir is there even on RHD cars...

just not the way BMW did it on the RHD cars.

Edit: although the line over to the clutch master would be higher than the reservoir, so will be bitch to get the air out when bleeding, thats the only road block i can think of.....

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 1