Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Pocket book jump pack

I'm selling these if anyone is interested $175 including GsT & Postage

I year warranty

The iPhone 4 is there to impress it's size

post-4241-0-37895500-1439330779.jpg

• Like 1

Have heard these are pretty good. A friend had one and jump started a completely dead diesel.

Does this one have USB outlets Glenn?

Yes I can also sell a solar version as well which I' post up later when I get time

Ive used mine several times without charging it. These are Kiwi designed and built in China

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 1

improvements in technology never fail to impress.

I have a jump pack the size of a suitcase in my garage.

improvements in technology never fail to impress.

I have a jump pack the size of a suitcase in my garage.

haha so do i, bleeding heavy thing.

This is tempting, although spendy. Whats the biggest engine its been tested to work on? How many amp is it?

haha so do i, bleeding heavy thing.

This is tempting, although spendy. Whats the biggest engine its been tested to work on? How many amp is it?

200 bucks isn't that expensive. Don't need jumper leads, or find another car to jump off.

I'm getting one just to stash in the poleski as my last adventure I ended up swimming down the Waikato river at 9pm in the dark because of a flat battery. I would of happily spent 200 bucks at the time to avoid that!

• Like 1

I've started the Ti M52B28 three times in a row with a dead flat battery

I can also do this and another charger pack for USB charged devices, the file is too large to post on here and I might put it all on Facebook

Maverick Dynamo ZZ30 Solar.pdf

post-4241-0-98497300-1439343717_thumb.jp

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

I might add information not written in the instructions that come with this device.

You DO NOT drive the vehicle with the jump pack attached

These don't like being charged from a car alternator

You DO NOT crank continuously to diagnose faults

It is used for starting a known working engine and must be disconnected as soon as the car is started as per instructions

The leads must be connected to the car battery first and then plug the power pack into the leads

If a fault occurs the pack will shut down and will need to be plugged into it's charger to unlock it

If you buy one of these... copy these instructions

Looks pretty interesting, I need to replace some ones we use for forklift jumpstarting occasionally. Looks like a valid option. The old battery packs are inherently a pain to use

These are not suitable for large capacity high compression diesels

Thoughts on a 3.6L VW LPG motor suitability? pushing it?

Thoughts on a 3.6L VW LPG motor suitability? pushing it?

I would think so. What is the compression ratio and is the engine originally a petrol motor modified for LPG fuel

I have a similar version in my ute that I use for AA jump starts. Can use to start in probably 9 out of 10 non start situations.

Have started multiple cars with only about 2v in the vehicle battery, V6 Commodore inc. Have started V8's too.

Have also started a 2.7 diesel Mitsi that had about 8v in the battery. Need to allow the glow to work properly before cranking.

Initially I charged it & started 30 vehicles without recharge - out of interest to see how it performed. Even then it was still going.

As Glenn alludes to though - they are NOT intended for continuous cranking - mine is rated to 500 amp @ 5 secs only. And not to leave connected.

I always analyse the situation before using it. ie never use on a flooded engine. And if it doesn't start within the time frame after a couple of attempts - i abandon it for a battery.

This came in handy already, luckily I left it in my car when i bought it. My car has been in at the panel beaters for a week, the parking lights had been left on and drained the battery. Car got delivered back on a tow truck. Excellent.. have my car back.. went to start it and durrrrrr no go juice in the battery. had cleared my jumper leads out of the car and noticed the little jump pack on the floor.. hopefully this will get me going.

Managed to start my 2.5l diesel with dash lights very dim.. plugged the unit in, cycled the glow plugs a few times and she fired up after 4 crank sessions of 3-4 seconds. was hard yakka for the unit that's for sure.. Phew..

The unit is back on the floor of the car after charging it up last night, the indicator said it was still 99%. I thought I had mistaken it for 66%

Buy one of these.. they're awesome.