Sign in to follow this  
Joshnz124

E46 M3 - Buy Right Cars

Has anyone had a proper look at this car?

It's been on and off TradeMe for a while now, and seeing the interest the 160xxx M3 is getting, I'm assuming that there is a reason that this hasn't sold?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-933452932.htm

Any info/opinions would be appreciated

Cheers

wow 2005 model, thats pretty rare and seems like its well priced?

• Like 1

Nice car.

I saw it in Mt wellington lot a few months back, its come down in price it was $29??

Looked ok. SMG tho if your ok with that. (<just sayin, dont no one get started on that topic)

• Like 1

2005 with a cassette player??? That's enough to make me suspicious for a start.

it pisses me off a lot when people selling cars, especially dealers, dont supply rego plate numbers on listings. A lot of ambiguity in this listing could be fixed if you knew the rego.

it pisses me off a lot when people selling cars, especially dealers, dont supply rego plate numbers on listings. A lot of ambiguity in this listing could be fixed if you knew the rego.

Could email them and ask? When I was looking at an import still on it's way to NZ I emailed the dealer and he gave me the chassis codes so I could check the options lists...

2005 with a cassette player??? That's enough to make me suspicious for a start.

CD players were never standard so nothing suspicious about that.

• Like 2

Could email them and ask? When I was looking at an import still on it's way to NZ I emailed the dealer and he gave me the chassis codes so I could check the options lists...

i shouldnt have to. i have no intention of buying the car, but there is no reason for them to be hiding the rego (not putting it on the listing, and blanking the plates). Fresh imports i understand, but this clearly has plates on it.

CD players were never standard so nothing suspicious about that.

They were from 2002

In-Dash CD Player replaces In-Dash Tape Player (non-Nav cars)

Bi-Xenon option replaces single Xenon

Titan Shadow Trim replaces Gloss Black Trim

Navigation Screen changes from 4:3 to 16:9

Topaz Blue Metallic added as standard color

Automatic Headlight option

19" Wheels option added (mid year)

Strut Bar added as standard equipment (mid year)

Basic Scheduled Maintenance Plan extended from 3/36 to 4/50

DSC/ABS unit moved from rear left of engine compartment under the brake fluid reservoir (leaving large empty space).

Aluminum Trim added as an option

DVD Navigation replaces CD-ROM Navigation

In-Dash CD Player available for Navigation equipped cars

Revised HVAC controls

Topaz Blue Metallic & Steel Gray Metallic dropped from standard colors

Mystic Blue Metallic & Silver Gray Metallic added as standard colors

LED Tail Lights (mid year)

Trunk Handle extended (mid year)

What - a tape player was an option..I doubt it? CD was standard from MY2003

What - a tape player was an option..I doubt it? CD was standard from MY2003

For which market?? I think the one above is from Japan?

Also I am fairly confident when I ordered mine brand new in June of 2003 and took delivery in September that the CD was a very expensive option I had to tick.

Looking at the amount of M3's for sale now in comparison to two months ago is unbelievable. I think there's 4 on TradeMe right now (not including verts), 2 SMG and two (from what I can see) overpriced manuals. Maybe it's in relation to the lack of them for sale 'warrants' a higher price?? This car does seem well priced for what it is though... I am finally in the position after dreaming for a few years, but I don't know if I could bring myself to SMG. I feel like I would still be left wanting.

I saw it in Mt wellington lot a few months back, its come down in price it was $29??

Looked ok. SMG tho if your ok with that. (<just sayin, dont no one get started on that topic)

Yeah it was $29K coming into xmas I think. I did email them and put an offer with trade in on the table, didn't hear anything back, so never bothered

Unless you enjoy or do left & right foot braking with heal and toe then with an open mind try an smg.

I'd had 28 years of driving manuals as a preference but have only had a SMG for the last 3. I really don't miss a clutch pedal and enjoy the smg as it brings a different driving dynamic . I still however use the gear lever rather than paddles as a preference.

I'd be more inclined to find and by and M3 that feels tight as first choice and choose transmission type as second. This was my first consideration and its worked out well so far.(60kms of trouble free driving)

• Like 1

i saw this car on Tuesday, its got quite a few scratches on the sides and around the place. So not mint by any means. inside looked ok.

i saw this car on Tuesday, its got quite a few scratches on the sides and around the place. So not mint by any means. inside looked ok.

Thanks for that - I live in Tauranga, so going up to Auckland is not always so easy. Did you take a drive by chance? I found out it's NZ new, which is a huge bonus

I live in Tauranga too, im going back up on Saturday, id be more than happy to take it for a spin, check out the 0-100 and report back. B)

Unless you enjoy or do left & right foot braking with heal and toe then with an open mind try an smg.

I'd had 28 years of driving manuals as a preference but have only had a SMG for the last 3. I really don't miss a clutch pedal and enjoy the smg as it brings a different driving dynamic . I still however use the gear lever rather than paddles as a preference.

I'd be more inclined to find and by and M3 that feels tight as first choice and choose transmission type as second. This was my first consideration and its worked out well so far.(60kms of trouble free driving)

Neal. Can I ask. I've heard you can't launch SMG's as they lunch clutches.

Is there any veracity to this story?

Personally I've never driven but in a big city I like the idea of the flexibility

Neal. Can I ask. I've heard you can't launch SMG's as they lunch clutches.

Is there any veracity to this story?

Personally I've never driven but in a big city I like the idea of the flexibility

I think at this age they are just a manual box with some bits on the outside, so probably no different to a conventional manual? you can still lunch a clutch in a "real" manual

• Like 1

Darren

The launch control is similar to a 4000 rpm progressive manual take off. Ive only used it a couple of times (cone time trials) as I'm concerned about the rear subframe with continued use. (haven't reinforced mine yet) I'd imagine the clutch wear would be higher .

I hear about clutch and flywheels be changed at 100,000 kms but not sure why .

• Like 1

Like most cars, launch control will cause extra wear on the components. However if you just floor it off the line it is pretty aggressive. So much so that I never use LC.

• Like 2

Plate is GRD262 for those curious. Based on the custom plate on first registration I'd guess it was first owned by a forum member with the same username. It's pretty scruffy on the outside, but the interior isn't too bad for a 140k km car. Both wing mirrors are badly corroded internally. It looks like the auto dimming interior mirror isn't far away from leaking, too. Has the standard M clunk and usual interior rattles. Seemed to drive fine from a quick squirt around the block and down the motorway. SMG felt a tad lazy but I'm not experienced with it, so who knows... probably nothing that can't be fixed with the clutch relearning procedure or a CSL flash.

FYI,

Vehicle information blind.gifblind.gif VIN long WBSBL92040PP86970 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Type code BL92 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Type M3 (EUR) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Dev. series E46 (2) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Line 3 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Body type COUPE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Steering RL blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Door count 2 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Engine S54 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Cubical capacity 3.20 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Power 252 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Transmision HECK blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Gearbox MECH blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Colour SILBERGRAU METALLIC (A08) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Upholstery TEILLEDER W.N./SCHWARZ (N5SW) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Prod. date 2005-01-03 blind.gifblind.gif

blind.gif Order options blind.gif No. Description blind.gif 302 ALARM SYSTEM blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 403 GLAS ROOF, ELECTRIC blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 441 SMOKERS PACKAGE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 473 ARMREST, FRONT blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 495 3. HEADREST REAR CENTRE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 502 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 508 PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 521 RAIN SENSOR blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 522 XENON LIGHT blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 644 PREP. FOR. MOB. PH. BLUET. INTERF. blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 661 RADIO BMW BUSINESS blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 672 CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 792 M LT/ALY WHEELS DOUBLE SPOKE 67, 19" blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 793 SMG DRIVELOGIC blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 818 MAIN BATTERY SWITCH blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 825 RADIO CONTROL OCEANIA blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 861 CHANGE OF CODING DATA SET blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 864 OVERSEAS/DEALER DIRECTORY blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 880 ENGLISH / ON-BOARD DOCUMENTATION blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 9AA EXTERNAL SKIN PROTECTION blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 946 CONSIDERATION OF PRICE DEPENDENCY blind.gifblind.gif

blind.gif Series options blind.gif No. Description blind.gif 210 DYNAMIC STABILITY CONTROL (DSC) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 249 MULTI-FUNCTION FOR STEERING WHEEL blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-D blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W. MEMORY blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 520 FOGLIGHTS blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 550 ON-BOARD COMPUTER blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 775 INDIVIDUAL ROOF-LINING ANTHRACITE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 785 WHITE DIRECTION INDICATOR LIGHTS blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH