Sign in to follow this  
OneStep_TwoStep

Alcantara upholstery

Have any of you re-done your interior with Alcantara? I know the headlining and pillars are a common one but I'm talking the slightly more unusual areas to re-trim, I saw a e38 with the boot lining done and it looked amazing. Do any of you have a source for rolls of the stuff?

• Like 2

Whats shipping like?

Being worked on now - I'm dealing with the owner and he's doing a lot of running around for me so I'm being patient. I should know in a week or so.

Being worked on now - I'm dealing with the owner and he's doing a lot of running around for me so I'm being patient. I should know in a week or so.

Sweet. Can you keep us up to date?

How much and what colour were you thinking of getting?

Will do.

I'm looking at anthracite (BMW for black) and maybe 3 "yards", perhaps 5 - I'm fully undecided. Although I've ordered 6 yards of M Rain and want to get it shipped together so need to decide soon.

Ultimately adding a few yards should make little difference to the shipping price but that's what we're working on.

Pretty sure anthracite is a dark grey. Schwarz is black in German and generally how black interior components are labelled by BMW.

Understood but E36 M3's came with 'Anthracite' carpet and headliner as standard and it's officially 'black'.

It's all good because I don't actually think I want 'black'. Might just have to get samples...

I know its out of stock, but i was thinking black suede for the rear parcel shelf on my E30, but thoughts on M-Rain?

M Rain on the parcel shelf? I say no for sure.

• Like 1

Any progress on this Dave? I could be keen to get a little bit to do a steering wheel and maybe a few other bits and pieces like shift boot, etc.

How much do you want Dave as I have the remains of a Sedan M sport roof lining if that is of any use.

Sorry for the delay guys.

I'm still waiting on final details from the US... new stock is inbound and since don't need it immediately I let my order go to the back of the queue.

I'm getting 6 yards of M Rain and will need 3 (ish) yards of Alcantara - perhaps Allan can help Sascha if there's enough?

Cool, have PM'd Allan.

Dave, keep us posted on how you get on with sourcing this (prices, etc). I could still be keen to purchase some depending on the amount and condition which Allan has available

Ive ordered some alcantara from these guys via my Youshop. My plan is to TRY and recover a spare steering wheel and gearknob. Could be an interesting and challenging project.

Any updates on this?

On 9/21/2015 at 11:50 AM, Golfboy666GTI said:

Ive ordered some alcantara from these guys via my Youshop. My plan is to TRY and recover a spare steering wheel and gearknob. Could be an interesting and challenging project.

Any updates on this?

I paid the full amount, swapped wheels, (well Hell BM did), sent my old wheel back and got the core refund.

On 4/25/2017 at 6:04 PM, m325i said:

Try this guy. I am very happy with mine.

http://cobywheel.com/

Thanks for this, Mike at Coby is a good guy to deal with, my new wheel is on the way :-)

• Like 1