Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

RE003s

Anyone tried these yet?

I have had a great run from RE001 and RE002, so im guessing its much of the same?

also they appear to be badged RE760 in the US is this correct

Dads done about 14 kms on his, in the E30 ;)

He said they're fairly quiet, and seem sticky enough - even without being run in yet. I think they'll be pretty good, for the money (~$800 a set, 205/55R15s). They look to be an evolution of the RE002's, rather than a massively different design.

He was glad to get them though - on the way in, he watched a guy slide on a roundabout in front of him, then watched from the tyre shop while a guy slid under the arse of an SUV :lol:

Actually - Dad replaced V rated TZ700's on the E30 - they were going on 7 years old, with 45K on them (!) and the rears had about 2mm left, and 3 on the front... so he won't be hard on the RE003's :D

Priced PS3s today, all inclusive $1100, which does put them about 50% more than RE003, you would expect them to be 50% better.

Looked at them, supposed to be Better than RE 002, didn't like the 002's decided that the 003's were not much different ,same lightweight case , just different tread to improve directional stability and turn in.

Went to Michelin PS3 much better all round tyres that trade a little bit of extreme precision when pushed really quickly.

Turn in is more immediate, more consistent and I have dialled out a degree of negative at both ends because I don't need it any more. Now running 0.6 neg front and 1.2 neg on the rear which is what I had with RE 050 which is a much better tyres than the 002

The load rating has gone up on the 225/45/17.

I put some Re003's on the back of my E46 when the one of my Goodyear F1 Directionals got an unrepairable puncture. So far I like them; the tyre grip in the dry seems pretty good, they require a fair bit to let go and when they do go you know it's coming. Ride is nice and with the stiff rear on the E46 a little bit of compliance is not unwelcome. I did a run to Palmy and back and over the Paekakariki hill the rear end was very well behaved. While I cant compare them directly to Re002's I did have 02's on one of my E36's and the grip levels driving the "48 corners to my house" was definitely lower. But my e36 setup was a parallel 225/45/17 set up, while the E46 is a staggered 17 inch setup.

The front was a bit average and I suspect the P Zero Neros may be past their best but I want to do a bit more with the front end geometry before I replace them.

Edited by Herbmiester

I've found with Bridgestone tyres they are at their best from roughly 1000kms. Had re001/2s and the ones before. Same for the out going re11 as well. Well priced tyres for the performance .

• Like 2

I've got them on the two rears, they're excellent. Grip well, quiet, wet performance is great and the look awesome.

bloody excellent on the e28 M535i can actually use all the power now even when its cold ;)

ended up with two on the front of the E38, will do the back ones later on once the chinese crap is chewed out some more.

Couldn't be happier. Is there a better tyre out there, yes probably but at what price.

From the 30+ sets of BMW wheels that I've owned, Bridgestones came on 60% of them.

My favourite for sure, better value than Continental, Michelin or Pirelli.

My preference is the Potenza S001, however the RE050A features regularly & is a very competitive price second hand or new.

RE050 i think is the one in the range down from RE00x series?

my Cabby is going to get a bit of a birthday over winter on some things, will be looking at a set of the RE003s for it i think

^ yeah it is. There's no RFT version of the similar technology found in the RE003s.

Keep an eye out for the 25% off deal they do either on the 4th tyre or on the 2nd tyre at Bridgestone, they did it around May last year...

Just fitted some RE003S up front, I fitted some 8.5 inch rims so now I have a square setup running 245 40 17 all round. Very happy so far but I need a few more kms on to really know.

Just fitted some RE003S up front, I fitted some 8.5 inch rims so now I have a square setup running 245 40 17 all round. Very happy so far but I need a few more kms on to really know.

pics or it didn't happen! Are you still on Style 68's, or "something different"?

I have RE003 on mine. 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rears. Very quiet and the handling is very good in the dry.

If you ring the Bridgestone shops, usually they are ready to give you a discount with warranty.

hey Rohan, what sort of Warranty do Bridgestone Stores provide?

• Like 1

Ok photos to prove 245/40/17 works on an E46 with an 8.5 wheel. However as I run coilovers (Ohlins) they are narrower in DIameter than a stock setup.

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r336/Herbmiester_photo/4bad53ea-2c88-4dd5-8dbb-03f80088b261_zpsiovuttoz.jpg

Edited by Herbmiester
  • Like 1

Ok photos to prove 245/40/17 works on an E46 with an 8.5 wheel. However as I run coilovers (Ohlins) they are narrower in DIameter than a stock setup.

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r336/Herbmiester_photo/4bad53ea-2c88-4dd5-8dbb-03f80088b261_zpsiovuttoz.jpg

nice work, John! Sorry didn't mean to sound as though I was doubting you; more about 'I wonder what wheels he's done that with, and how does it look? Total class, mate.

Kia Ora for that!

• Like 1

No offence taken Olaf, I know you just wanted to have a look :D

like the t-shirt reads:

I'm not a

gynecologist

but I'll take

a look

:lol:

• Like 2

man, 003's are exceptionally well-priced at the moment. I started looking around on Friday, and found - as Ron has pointed out in another thread - that the average to mid-range performance tyres come in from most places around $1k , with the premium end $1.2k-$1.4k.

Imagine my surprise when finding sub-$900 pricing for 003s in 225/45/17 and 245/40/17 on the car. If you were completely ruthless and pushing for the lowest possible price and nevermind the impact to the market (eg you get Tony's Tyres trying to undersell the world to buy your business), it is entirely likely one could push the envelope and find these llantas for the mid-to-high $700s. On your car. At least at the moment.

Best discovery made while I've been looking around, is finding a company I want to do business with for tyres and alignment. The pricing is sharp enough, but the service is worth more to me than the lowest price so I'll happy to be in the sub-$900 bracket.

Edited by Olaf