Sign in to follow this  
Rubix

Estoril e36 328i Coupe

To report back, 11mm socket moved inside the pipe too easily. I now have a snug fitting 12mm 1/4 drive socket below the plastic elbow that connects to the intake boot, cable tied around the outside so it doesn't move.

And it actually does make quite a difference to the rev hang, so give it a go!

BBS RG's on. Square set of 17x8 painted in Gunmetal.
235/45/r17 on the rear, 225/45/r17 on the front.

t8mgb4.png

Up next on the to-do list:

Booked in at Carfolie this weekend for Tints - getting sick of the sun murdering my eyes from the side windows.
Wire up 18 button OBC this weekend

Install black front bumper mesh insert (Removing the m-sport style plastic grille) - Likely this weekend

Got Powerflex poly RTA Bushings sitting here to install at some point - (SJ?)
Then steering rack ends and misc ball joints that I'll replace.

New rear brake pads are in order - whoever installed them last broke the retainer clips so they're rattling which is infuriating.

And will eventually get on to some Koni shocks with H&R springs in the new year I think, my wallet could do with a rest. Just going to put some k's on the manual conversion and enjoy the car.

Edited by Rubix
  • Like 3

I have the same in my 328i, its fine when its cold, revs drop like a stone. when it gets warm revs hang between shifts, worst when driving lightly and shifting between 2.5k-3.25k. i notice it a lot less when giving it a bit of a boot up the guts. TCU still plugged in, i haven't got around to removing it yet. NZ new so ZF auto box FWIW.

have you noticed anything like that Dion ?

first drive of mine after converting it i hit a 3m x 5m patch of ice... talk about exhilarating...

I would look into ebay, i landed my center for under $400 nz inc air freight, freight was a killer though as they are quite a hefty little unit. if you had time to kill you could do it cheaper by using sea freight through kiwi shipping or the like. all exchange rate dependant though, the dollar was pretty good when i got mine.

have seen medium case centres in nz go for $500-750, full diffs from $750-1000.

this looks like your best bet at the moment given the current price, pull the centre out and drop it into yours, done deal.

Sorry mate didn't see this!

I am seeing a slight rev hang - will try the ICV socket fix although i'll use a 3/8 drive so it isn't as restrictive. Hopefully it doesn't choke the car at all.

I'll definitely pick up a centre at some point, hopefully can land one from overseas for fairly cheap.

I adore this color.

Couple of photos nice and clean. Tints done by carfolie last weekend.
Spent 2 hours waxing. o.o

jrwnli.jpg
ozj10.jpg

Edited by Rubix
  • Like 6

Looking forward to seeing this one tomorrow, would be nice to have the Estoril's side-by-side. Although yours is sure to be cleaner than mine!

• Like 4

Looking forward to seeing this one tomorrow, would be nice to have the Estoril's side-by-side. Although yours is sure to be cleaner than mine!

Sounds like a plan.

Hopefully cleaner, depends on whether or not I can wash/wax it in the morning :D

^ :)

Where's the best touchless wash between Northcote and Penrose?

• Like 1

BBS RG's on. Square set of 17x8 painted in Gunmetal.

235/45/r17 on the rear,  225/45/r17 on the front.

Posted Image

Up next on the to-do list:

Booked in at Carfolie this weekend for Tints - getting sick of the sun murdering my eyes from the side windows.

Wire up 18 button OBC this weekend

Install black front bumper mesh insert (Removing the m-sport style plastic grille) - Likely this weekend

Got Powerflex poly RTA Bushings sitting here to install at some point - (SJ?)

Then steering rack ends and misc ball joints that I'll replace.

New rear brake pads are in order - whoever installed them last broke the retainer clips so they're rattling which is infuriating.

And will eventually get on to some Koni shocks with H&R springs in the new year I think, my wallet could do with a rest. Just going to put some k's on the manual conversion and enjoy the car.

Yeah dude can sort your bushes and stuff. Give me a yell ;)

In an unexpected turn of events, on Friday I was offered a car that I have loved for the past 2+ years. The first time I ever met its owner I asked him to sell it to me.

Regrettably, I put this car up for sale immediately after being offered the other car. The estoril coupe sold this afternoon.

It was a wonderful car, and I had grown very attached to it. However...

post-51715-0-51078500-1445157627_thumb.j

• Like 2

Mmm!

If you want me to have a squint and chuck it on the diagnostic computer let me know bud.

Nice. ;)

Haven't bought it yet, but will have it in my driveway in a couple of days (Current owner just arranging his new car)

It's not an M3.
Although it may as well be.

1996 328i Msport coupe.
NZ new, factory manual.

S50B30
Rebuilt vanos
Tuned
M3 ZF geabox
e46 Motorsport steering rack

M3 bilstein monotube shocks
B&G lowering springs
Grey suede M3 interior including Vaders
Quaife helical LSD
M3 sway bars
E46 330i big brakes
Goodridge Braided brake and clutch lines
18 button obc
ACS rear window spoiler
Front & rear strut braces
PowerFlex front trailling arm bushings
M3 instrument cluster
Light weight flywheel and clutch
BBS RC 18x8.5 in BMW Marrakesh brown
Remus exhaust
M3 mirrors
LTW wing
Fenix Alloy radiator.

Few other things here and there. Absolutely beautiful conditon.

Pics and new thread incoming once I have it and start doing my usual thing, cleaning it, making a list of necessities etc.

Drives insanely nicely, much better than the Estoril coupe. Everything feels very tight and well-put together, ridiculous power difference between the s50 and M52.

• Like 3