Sign in to follow this  
rav08

Pressure Brake Bleeder

Hello Everyone

I have recently started doing some basic maintenance myself on my E39 530D (2001). I have been looking for a pressure brake bleeder, something like this " Motive Pressure Brake Bleeder " http://motiveproducts.3dcartstores.com/0100-European-Bleeder_p_115.html that pressurises the brake fluid reservoir , and apparently makes for a better method of bleeding the brake fluid at the valve, as opposed to pressing on the brake pedal, as some have reported can damage the piston etc.

I am based in Wellington, and have tried searching for a similar part here in NZ but haven't been able to find one .

Anyone aware if I could source a one in NZ, that will effectively do the same job. The shipping costs from the US are almost as much as the cost of the part itself, so feels like a bit of a waste.

Any ideas/thoughts/information most gratefully received.

cheers

ravi

Don't use a pressure bleeder unless you might want to repaint all your cars and house. Use a vacuum bleeder with a compressor

Like one of these

m1qhQX6Ag1GfA0HI-VaMrog.jpg

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 1

Don't use a pressure bleeder unless you might want to repaint all your cars and house. Use a vacuum bleeder with a compressor

thanks

any recommendations?

BNT Repco Sulco Snapon Auto Stop

I have a motive power bleeder and highly recommend it. Makes brake bleeding a breeze. Even a trained monkey can do its simple. Hardest part would be finding a trained monkey. Problem with vacuum bleeding is you need to keep an eye on the fluid and keep topping it up.

Thanks Glen -what is the name of the australian bleeder that you have referred to in the above photo and where can I get it from.

Drew - just to keep my options open, where did you source the motive power bleeder from? anywhere local

cheers Ravi

Thanks Glen -what is the name of the australian bleeder that you have referred to in the above photo and where can I get it from.

Drew - just to keep my options open, where did you source the motive power bleeder from? anywhere local

cheers Ravi

Mines a JWL Airboy There are several that all look the same and work well without the risk of squirting brake fluid every where by accident. Mark the receiver bottle in 50ml increments so you can monitor the amount of brake fluid you are draining so you don't empty your master cylinder. The one I'm using (nearly every day) is 15 years old now... I'm pretty sure I got it from Sulco tools. You need a small compressor to use one of these, do you have one ? Don't use a pressure bleeder < my professional opinion

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

The Swedish Airboy brand like mine is available from Sulco Tools for $159.00 + Gst

Their part # 110143B

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

Thanks Glen,

i'll look into it. I don't have a compressor - what am I looking at ( something like a tyre inflator?- that I have) how does one connect it to the bleeder.

Thanks Glen,

i'll look into it. I don't have a compressor - what am I looking at ( something like a tyre inflator?- that I have) how does one connect it to the bleeder.

You will need a proper small compressor for this to work properly. It may be cheaper just to pay someone to do this for you

Thanks Glenn, That option is always there, however there are 2 cars in the house and I am hoping I can use the bleeder for a few years atleast plus it is a very gratifying feeling " for the job well done "

What sort of small and simple compressor should I look for ?

many thanks

The one I have at home works... was about $180 from Mitre10 about 8 years ago

I made one out of the old garden pressure sprayer for $15. It seems to work...tis painfully slow coming out of the calliper however... I pump it up to 15psi