Sign in to follow this  
cgs

My first post E60 545i 2005

I have been a BMW fan for a few years now and finally got around to posting on this forum. My present car is an E60 545i 2005.

Previous car was an E39 528 1999, loved that car too.

I have done a few mods on my 545i:

• 19" DTM wheels staggered.
  • Front Bridgestone Potenzas 245/35/R19
  • Rear Bridgestone Potenzas 285/30/R19 (285's are a much better fit than the 275's on the DTM wheels)
  • Lowered within legal specs using B&G springs
  • Bilstein shocks
  • Chip tune + by Torque performance

Character of the 'Family' the car has totally changed. I have added a few photos.

post-1475-0-04560600-1442276130_thumb.jppost-1475-0-13243700-1442276152_thumb.jppost-1475-0-76167700-1442276175_thumb.jppost-1475-0-38040900-1442276215_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Welcome.

Nice colour, rarer and more interesting than the usual silvers and black!

What did you get on the dyno?

Thanks, yes it is the rather rare Olivine Green.

195 kw at the wheels at 5600 rpm after the tune, up from 189 kw. However what seems to have made a difference is the 8 to 10 kw increase between 3750 and 5100 rpm.

Awesome. that's a healthy output.

Good to pick up power in the mid range, after all that is your usable power, low to mid range is where you drive most of the time.

:)

• Like 1

Great look and welcome, love the height and wheel look your running.

Don't find it to low?

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Would have preferred the car 5mm higher for our roads. Having said that, I have had no issues on our highways, even with 4 passengers on board. Rough roads however can be a little bumpy at lower speeds. Initially I had fitted a B&G spring set sourced from within NZ and the front kept bottoming out on small ridges like when entering a bridge etc. Turned out the springs were for a 530i hence too soft in the front. Present set is sourced from the US and does not bottom out even at higher speeds. Huge difference in the handling and cornering especially with the Bridgestone Potenza 285's on the rear. OEM setup was with 225's all round and the car had comparatively very very poor handling. Long trips are now great! Love the way the car drives.