Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

Porsche E-Vehicle to rival tesla

Probably more like 4 times the price and they will sell twice as many, in the end the name will be the bigger factor then any performance gains

These machines seem like great marketing fads.

Strip a performance car of its internal combustion engine with that of an electric motor, it's never going to have the same soul or offer offer the experience a petrol or diesel engine provides, sure it can go fast, but I'd rather it be twice as slow & make a good sound in the process.

I'm all for hydrogen/electric cars, but keep that boring tech to the mass market A-B cars that don't offer any joy out of their IC engine.

Isn't this what Tesla wanted? They did release all patents for the tech after all.

Some electric harley davidsons have a speaker that emits an exhaust note.

Lame as.

These machines seem like great marketing fads.

Strip a performance car of its internal combustion engine with that of an electric motor, it's never going to have the same soul or offer offer the experience a petrol or diesel engine provides, sure it can go fast, but I'd rather it be twice as slow & make a good sound in the process.

I'm all for hydrogen/electric cars, but keep that boring tech to the mass market A-B cars that don't offer any joy out of their IC engine.

Diesel and Soul don't go together lol wtf. It's only a matter of time, I'm sure the horse riders said the same about missing the warmth between their legs on the back of a horse when ICE's came out

0-100 as quick as the legendary McLaren F1 is hardly.. boring.

Edited by koruki
  • Like 1

Plenty of good diesels out there.

Yes, impressive 0-100 like a Mclaren F1, but the F1 had a V12 ICE that made one of the great automotive noises.

Do it with an electric power terrain, you're going to notice the difference.

• Like 1

Plenty of good diesels out there.

Yes, impressive 0-100 like a Mclaren F1, but the F1 had a V12 ICE that made one of the great automotive noises.

Do it with an electric power terrain, you're going to notice the difference.

You know what the noise is right, its a by product of energy loss. Why would you intentionally lose power if you didn't need to? Worse, add more weight with sound deadening to luxury cars due to the noise. You think an electric car can't MAKE noise if it wanted to, they could just play whatever noise you like through a speaker like BMW does, but really that's just stupid even when BMW does it.

Any electric motor is never going to make a sound a V8, V10 or V12 can, so they aren't comparable. ICEs are always going to be less efficient, yes heat and noise is a reflection of energy loss but who cares, that is what makes a petrol or diesel engine what they are.

The essence of a car for me is the noise it makes or can make. If I don't like the sound I'm not interested.

Generating a fake noise through speakers is a joke. Especially if it replicates such an engine.
  • Like 1

Any electric motor is never going to make a sound a V8, V10 or V12 can, so they aren't comparable. ICEs are always going to be less efficient, yes heat and noise is a reflection of energy loss but who cares, that is what makes a petrol or diesel engine what they are.
The essence of a car for me is the noise it makes or can make. If I don't like the sound I'm not interested.
Generating a fake noise through speakers is a joke. Especially if it replicates such an engine.

Shots fired:

It's just different. Find me a teenager that parties to Elvis :P