Sign in to follow this  
musccoo

E30 RX7 calipers wheel fitment

Anyone run 15x7 et24 euroweaves with rx7 calipers? Tryna figure out what size spacers I need and wondering if I can get away with 5mm + grinding the fluid passage down...10mm spacers would clear but heard bad things about 10mm spacers..

Edited by musccoo

We use them on the race car. No spacers needed. Did you get the kit from the States it has all the bits you need.

• Like 1

Really? Yea I have the fancy bracket and line adaptors. I tried to do a test fit and it was hitting the knob when I stacked 5mm of washers on the wheel bolt threads

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

David you must have different wheels?? as I just measured the clearance from wheel hub to spoke and from disc hub to end of calliper and theres no way it can clear without a spacer. Looks like the minimum I could get away with is a 6mm spacer with grinding down 3mm of the fluid passge

The website guide says 15x7 Basketweave (ET25): "5mm spacer, light grinding"... which is as good a place as any to start

Edited by Red Dwarf

Will look over the weekend and get back to you

Thanks David.

The website guide says 15x7 Basketweave (ET25): "5mm spacer, light grinding"... which is as good a place as any to start

Yeah I seen this, just found it hard to believe...think 'light grinding' is an understatement haha, but will give it a go this weekend.

Just been doing some grinding and trying to fit with 6mm of spacers, even then it still doesn't clear and with 5mm spacer the bump would have to be dead flush. I don't understand how the website says 5mm....my euroweaves and these brakes arnt meant to be :(

You sure the calliper brackets are the right way round?

Yeah pretty sure I do, I tried the other way just to be sure and it makes it worse.

What was the verdict David?

The wagon's here at the moment... you're welcome to wander over to have a look at the set-up if you want...I've had genuine basketweaves on it and don't recall any clearance issues... Bring a wheel and we can throw it on to see of there's a difference!

Edited by Red Dwarf

Did you ever get this to work under your euroweaves with or without spacers?

Edited by duvey

Lol...I tired.

Got some 10mm hubcentric spacers - brand SCC from schmiedmann.com, put them on for test fit, something seemed odd...took wheel off again and to my surprise...

imag0287_21970667094_o.jpg

hubcentric spacer no longer hubcentric...

I'm gonna try ECS tuning 10.5mm hubcentric spacers they look like the goods.

But apart from that..I shaved half the fluid passage down and 10mm spacers were only *just* enough to clear the caliper with weaves. So when the guys website says weaves + 5mm spacer, I call bull..

Here you can kinda see how much I took off the knob

22354017966_a5ae076648_z.jpg

Edited by potatomash

Noticed any effect on handling with the spacers?

Well I didn't get a chance to try it out cause they broke. I need to order new ones. Cant see any reason it would be a problem though

Well I didn't get a chance to try it out cause they broke. I need to order new ones. Cant see any reason it would be a problem though

Whoops sorry, didn't realise they hadn't arrived yet. Let me know how you go with those. :)

Cheers.

Im running 12.5mm spacers with the weaves and they are all good. Offset looks nice too :)

Im running 12.5mm spacers with the weaves and they are all good. Offset looks nice too :)

Got any pictures?

2015_12_18_16_52_40.jpg2015_12_18_16_53_01.jpg

2015_12_21_18_00_50.jpg2015_12_21_18_01_13_1.jpg

I had to have the inside of the spacer machined ~1.5mm to fit over the small bit of hub that sticks out of the corrado rotor due to it sitting 1mm further back than an e30 rotor. Cheers to Andrew (curryinahurry) for helping me out with that

Edited by potatomash
  • Like 1

I ended up with the same as you, 10mm spacers and a bit shaved off the bump on the caliper. Only just cleared as well..

• Like 2

About to do this mod on my car, got myself some FD series 6 calipers, have heard people say they are different, but after some research, it appears that they are dimensionally identical and i figured its best to go with the newest parts available anyway.

They look quite nice too once the Mazda logo is removed...

post-51521-0-06521700-1455944019.jpg

Edited by darrencnz
  • Like 1

Disturbing an old post i know bit I was wondering if you RX7 BBK veterans would be able to give me a hand. I've bought some S4 calipers recently to do the conversion. I'm now starting to wonder if my BBS RSs that I'm building up will clear. Before I go ahead and machine the dog bones and purchase new lips, I was wondering if someone could measure from the face of the mounting hub to the outer part of the caliper to gauge clearance. Can draw a pic to clarify if necessary. 

Thank you for any help provided, much appreciated. 

Easy enough for me to whip a wheel off and have a measure up for you. If you have a pic to show exact dimension it could be helpful.

You'll need spacers for sure, just depends what size...I have 30mm spacers to clear my Volk 3 piece by a credit cards width haha.