Sign in to follow this  
WYZEUP

F/L E30 318i coupe

good to know folks are doing hydro-dipping down here.  I saw it on Wheeler Dealers (RX7 I think?), wondered if it would come here... at 5 times the price! ;)

certainly looks the biz on your inlet manifold.

sh*t man it's coming along nicely that intake is wicked, exhaust defiantly looks the part as does the who look of the car you must be stoked, looking forward to seeing it out and about. If ya ever need a hand with anything let me know ?

Things are starting to snowball, all the fabrication is being completed (only a couple of small bits once motor is in)

Engine bay is prepped and ready to go, removable rad support all riv nutted into place, holes for cables and hoses drilled, all brake lines shaped and bent ready to go. Just needs a final sand and will be time to put some paint down.

Have also purchased some other parts I have been chasing for the last 12 months am pretty stoked to get my hands on. Will add to the style of the wheels, next update should be a big one.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

ENGINE BAY IS PAINTED :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

its not 100% show stopping paint job, but i am happy with the outcome esp for a garage can paint job

IMG_3374_zps5dyygptd.jpg

Also picked up some new wheels over the weekend to replace the e38 wheels, now to adjust everything so they fit nicely

IMG_3375_zpslvwo6zqt.jpg

• Like 4

Got the booster setup all bolted in over the weekend, just two small hard lines left to bend in the brake system.

IMG_3428_zpsr60vliic.jpg

Also dipped my kit (skirts are off being repaired) considering going for a two tone look (bottom half black) until i can actually get vehicle painted in my prefered colour.

IMG_3434_zpsedaxausz.jpg

IMG_3435_zpsktqn5cmq.jpg

• Like 3

Wheels are starting to come together ?

Big things should happen this week…look out it may actually start

IMG_3447.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

• Like 6

The gold bolts on black centre looks incredible!

The final specs measure strangely at 16x8.5 et37 & 16x9 et25. 

Still yet to receive rear lips so I can test fit

photos don't really do the paint of the centers any good.

Edited by WYZEUP

We have progress!!!!!

engine1_zps3polad2i.jpg

engine2_zpsqqu20tfj.jpg

After a lot of cursing and swearing and trying all sorts of different things the push to get the motor in quickly, i gave up and pulled the motor out to sit on the garage floor for a couple of weeks to rethink my plan of attack. I also needed to replace the c101 plug on the loom as the leveller had damaged it.

In the end i ended up stripping the motor back to a bare long block to fit and removed and plugged the heater hoses and BOOM it fits :)

engine3_zps1smyc7xa.jpg

Have got the driveshaft hoops all in after re-mounting one of them, and need to re-look at my shifter as when it was shortened and welded it seems to have warped slightly causing 5th & 6th gear to bind a little bit.

Considering going to a solid mounted shifter like an AKG or similar to sort it all out.

Seeing as the motor was all in i decided i would like to see how the final picture may look so put it all together with kit (excluding side skirts) to geth an idea of the look.

side_zpsqoxatnpx.jpg

rear_zpstkdezlqk.jpg

I have some spacers coming for the front to even out the offset, i did have some but was sent e39 ones and not e36 ones so will get an idea of the final offset soon.

Also got the rear wheels together so just need to get tyres mounted and will get them on for a test fit also :D

wheel_zpsamb2zix3.jpg

• Like 4

It's finally got a full interior and sitting right, here's a slightly better look at its final form.

IMG_3531.JPG

• Like 3

Running? Where's you source the the driveshaft hoops?

Not running yet. Waiting for a couple of small parts to finalize the engine assembly.

driveshaft hoops I got from Mike @ euroturbo. They're a little more on the expensive side but straight bolt in and up to cert standard 

http://www.euroturbo.nz/_p/prd1/4450547471/product/e30-drive-shaft-hoops-kit

Stunning engine bay!

I love the attention to detail.

• Like 1

thanks, hopefully by the time its finished should be a nice clean finish, are a couple of small things i would like to change, but will address those later once the vehicle is all up and running, would really like to de-loom the engine wiring as it quite bulky. 

but that is another project all in its own

Hmmmmmmm…not sure covers on or off. Like both looks.

getting close to a test fire now. Hopefully over the weekend once I get the clutch and brakes bled

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

Edited by WYZEUP
  • Like 2

Covers off definitely.

Looking badass with covers off. 

Does that say get murked on the windscreen? haha

2 hours ago, polley said:

Looking badass with covers off. 

Does that say get murked on the windscreen? haha

It does indeed say get murked lol, just a bit of a piss take 

• Like 1

Well today we had a big accomplishment. Have a couple of small issues to sort but the big news is IT RUNS…the beast is alive!!!! I'm so pumped right now.

Will try to get a video soon.

Edited by WYZEUP
  • Like 6