Sign in to follow this  
WYZEUP

F/L E30 318i coupe

Awesome man.

Sounds great!

What radiator are you going to use?

• Like 1

I am going to run a e36 m3 radiator with a 16" pusher fan. If by chance that doesnt keep it cool i will have to resort to a mishimoto or similar radiator.

What a beast! Shot bro

• Like 1

not really, just need to make some new fittings that go into the block to my oil lines, the ones i initially had were alloy and they obviously didnt seat very well into the oil housing so will make some steel ones from the factory lines.

• Like 1

Things are slowly getting buttoned up ready for its first move under its own power........

-brakes are bled

-clutch is bled

-custom high pressure powersteering line

-powersteering, washer bottle & expansion tank should be completed today (fingers crossed) then can finally put the last fluids into the vehicle and pressure test all systems and try and get the vehicle up to temperature, get the fans working (hoping ive wired them properly) all the final checks

-finish my rust repairs and paint (temporary until paint the entire car)

-retrimmed back seat in anthracite plaid and have order additional plaid to retrim front seats and sub box later next year

Photo 27-11-16, 11 24 11.jpg

Photo 27-11-16, 15 00 23.jpg

Also after getting the exhaust sorted and finalised, we discovered it was waaaaaay too loud, so have had to reconstruct 2/3 of the exhaust and re-route as to allow for two 14inch resonators :unsure:

That back seat looks the business! Who did the upholstery work? Nearly time to fire it up and move the beast, must be so exciting and rewarding!

Edited by _BRS_

It left the garage under its own power whoop whoop!!!!! so stoked.

A few little things to rectify that i overlooked when building the expansion tank, regular radiator caps dont hold enough pressure for the system and need to relocate the outlet as its sitting too close to the firewall.

Unfortunately it wont stay at this height as exhaust clearance is very minimal so will look at a larger tyre and raise the suspension more but still keep the fitment nice.

Getting close now, really starting to like the look of the two tone!

Photo_11-12-16,_13_45_18.jpg

Photo 11-12-16, 13 46 07.jpg

Photo 11-12-16, 13 46 14.jpg

Photo 11-12-16, 14 18 35.jpg

• Like 2

the one thing I've always wanted to do was to retrofit the e36 msport door trims onto an e30. Could you please do it??

• Like 1

Thanks guys, hopefully it might have it almost complete by the end of the weekend, have fitted appropriate sized tyres to the wheels for better fitment and more tyre to road size. 

Should have some more photos shortly :)

Time to get that cert baby!!!!!

so it's out of the garage driving, braking, loosing traction and all out being an awesome car.

still buzzing the engine package and all the changes have made this car unbelievable to drive! I'm still unsure about the exhaust noise limit but will wait for the test.

had one little hiccup along the way and popped the steering shaft off luckily we were stationary at the time but fixed that up and we were all back operational again!

so happy to finally have it completed, now just to get it to Wellington.

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

IMG_4619.JPG

IMG_4704.JPG

Edited by WYZEUP
  • Like 5

Can you do a 0-100 video?

I would be keen to see how fast it is.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zero said:

Can you do a 0-100 video?

I would be keen to see how fast it is.

that's if he can get traction :) 

maybe better to do a 50-150kmh

• Like 2

Hell yeah! What an amazing achievement! One more small hurdle to go then its all on!

• Like 1

When I'm back in hamilton again I will attempt to get a video.....with the long range diff it's probably a little slower, could benefit from a 3.15 maybe but I have a 2nd 2.93 to build into lsd so will just stick with the low ratio. 

At a guess I think top of 2nd it's almost 100km/h

traction doesn't seem too bad with 9.5s on the rear but if you pump the clutch that disappears haha.

Can't wait to get it all legal and start bringing it out to events and meets. 

• Like 1

that's really, really, sharp.  great engineering.  and the details.  340i - uber-cool.   You'll be needing a place to keep that, down here.  Looking forward to photographing this one in the flesh!  Well done, Jeremy.