Sign in to follow this  
WYZEUP

F/L E30 318i coupe

Thanks Olaf, I'm really happy to have it finished and the look is exactly what I wanted. 

Once the certification process has been completed I will be looking to bring it down and yes I will need to find a garage so will be looking for a new residence later in the year haha.

look forward to meeting you next weekend and can't wait to be able to bring my own car to the meets

So the date has been set, pretty excited…now just to hope it all goes well!

IMG_4895.PNG

• Like 2

Good luck man, looks incredible. This thread has been compelling reading! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, musccoo said:

wakey wakey, hows the cert going..

Uggggh has been a long process, lots of little things to tidy up and being in a different city to the car definitely doesn't help. but light is at the end of the tunnel the last pieces have arrived and should be having a wheel alignment as i type this and then book in for a re-check.

Fingers crossed.

Then the painful task of putting it all back together again.

hopefully by the end of the month i will be close to driving on the road legally 

• Like 1

Finally after a long grueling process the v8 has passed all its checks and the cert plate has been ordered. 

So excited to finally have this car almost completed, unfortunately not early enough to be ready for mega meet. But bring on the summer cruising!

• Like 5

Great work!

What stuff did they get you to do to get the cert?

Mate, you got 3 days. Heaps of time!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zero said:

Great work!

What stuff did they get you to do to get the cert?

A lot of it was small but annoying things like bolts not long enough. Having to remove the carpet to see the drive shaft hoops after previously taking them too him, not enough clearanace from the alternator, needed to replace some of the factory nuts with locking nuts.

major parts were making new rear section of exhaust, correcting bump steer ( having custom adjustable rack ends made, rh exhaust mani was leaking. 

But its done now. So stoked to see the light at the end of the tunnel and to be able to drive it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gaz said:

Mate, you got 3 days. Heaps of time!

Fly home tomorrow morning. Definetly going to give it a good nudge if I can get a wof Friday morning.

• Like 1

Well 6 months later the dream has finally come a reality. Probably the best Christmas present I could ask for.

Its been worth the 2.5years to finally be able to drive a car that I built myself in the garage. All she needs now is a wof and ‘tara’ will be on the street. 

Modifying a car from the other end of the island has been a challenge to say the least but it’s done now and I can enjoy it for what it is. Bring on summer!

I will get some more updated pics when I’m with the car and hope to button up all the little bits left.

4934EB75-4BC0-446A-96CC-A35CE19874ED.jpeg

Edited by WYZEUP
  • Like 3

Great work!

Have you got plans to take her on the dyno?

Celebratory skids?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zero said:

Great work!

Have you got plans to take her on the dyno?

Once it’s up an running properly w chip I’ll look at dynoing it

• Like 1

Finally got the car WOF'd and Reg'd....such a great feeling to be able to drive this car.

The drive is unreal, the power delivery is smooth and you don't feel the need to drive it hard. Cruising in it with the exhaust note and the strange looks you get from people not expecting the v8 sound from such a small car.

Couldn't be happier, spent 3 or 4 hours with a friend getting some good photos and video footage, here is a few from the massive selection that he took. enjoy. 

Photo 8-01-18, 20 10 39.jpg

Photo 9-01-18, 00 11 04.jpg

Photo 9-01-18, 00 11 17.jpg

Photo_10-01-18,_19_38_07.jpg

Photo 9-01-18, 00 11 10.jpg

Photo 8-01-18, 19 18 56.jpg

Photo 10-01-18, 19 38 01.jpg

• Like 6

Looks quite unique (good unique)

E30 + M60 is one reliable and long lasting combo. GW