Sign in to follow this  
new2thisgame

Hi my BMW 335i e90

Welcome and very nice, come along on next Sunday's coffee meet, usually a 335 around :)

Don't have too much fun with it, I've had mine for about 2 months and left rear tyre is already showing the belt in some places :D

Shopping for new tyres already, at least it's an excuse to ditch the runflats.

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 3

Don't have too much fun with it, I've had mine for about 2 months and left rear tyre is already showing the belt in some places :D

Sounds like you need an LSD to even out the tyre wear *LOL*

• Like 2

Hi guys glad to join the bimmer team

keen to meet up with fellow 335i owners

love this pocket rocket

neil

Welcome!

Tidy E90! any more shots?

haha!

Good idea , the runflat tires are terrible imo!

:rolleyes::D:PB)B)

What do you think of the car so far mate. This is the exact car colour and mags I'm after right now, in the market at the moment. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/27/2015 at 8:07 PM, E30-323ti said:

hi funny you mentioned that, i have the wires poking out also,, just bought 2 new second hand pontenza runflats,  

do you recommend sticking with the run flats? or go normal

my  rear insides are chewed out is this normal?  can anything be done? 

Same happened to my runflats. 

An alignment should help. Also going to normal tyres, some owners have said the stiffer sidewalls on runflats can make this issue worse.

I think tyre pressure can come in to it as well. A year ago I had an alignment, bought Goodyear Easy F1 Assymetric 2 (3 is now on the market) and I run slightly higher pressures. So far after plenty of abuse (used DCT launch control more times than I can count) there is no sign of inner wear. Tyres are nice and even.

I highly recommend these tyres, they were only about $300 each from Mag And Tyre at the time. Most places charge over $500.

Much more grip than the potenza runflats especially in the rain and much smoother ride. 

For safety get a can of tyre slime and a portable air compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket from Repco or Supercheap. Was only about $80 for both when I bought mine.

On 18/10/2015 at 5:36 PM, kmx said:

What do you think of the car so far mate. This is the exact car colour and mags I'm after right now, in the market at the moment. Cheers.

mate I love it,  but the maintenance costs is not cheap. I guess I'll just have to get use to it,  a 10 year old car will have issues,  but no Japanese car I've owned before  has cost me this much.  lucky I have a warranty 

On 10/18/2015 at 5:36 PM, kmx said:

its thrill to drive, but the maitenance cost, and runflats are crap.. 

the torque curve is excellent, its truly is a perfomance car,   im looking to mod the exhaust soon, to get a deeper growl

32 minutes ago, Matth5 said:

Same happened to my runflats. 

An alignment should help. Also going to normal tyres, some owners have said the stiffer sidewalls on runflats can make this issue worse.

I think tyre pressure can come in to it as well. A year ago I had an alignment, bought Goodyear Easy F1 Assymetric 2 (3 is now on the market) and I run slightly higher pressures. So far after plenty of abuse (used DCT launch control more times than I can count) there is no sign of inner wear. Tyres are nice and even.

I highly recommend these tyres, they were only about $300 each from Mag And Tyre at the time. Most places charge over $500.

Much more grip than the potenza runflats especially in the rain and much smoother ride. 

For safety get a can of tyre slime and a portable air compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket from Repco or Supercheap. Was only about $80 for both when I bought mine.

him thanks for the tip... my conservative side ask, whats the down side to this tyre slime, eg does it  affect the sensor? will affect the tyre going forward,  im thinkinhg to start looking for a biscuit

21 minutes ago, new2thisgame said:

him thanks for the tip... my conservative side ask, whats the down side to this tyre slime, eg does it  affect the sensor? will affect the tyre going forward,  im thinkinhg to start looking for a biscuit

I believe only the American spec BMWs have actual pressure sensors in the wheels so we don't need to worry about this. Ours have "flat tyre monitoring" that works by monitoring wheel speed (using the ABS/DSC speed sensors). 

Regardless, it should wash out, and it'll only be the rare occasion when you need it so I'd be ok with the risk even if I had sensors. The bottle says soapy water will wash it off. 

Maybe your wheel alignment place wasn't good... did they give you your current alignment specs? If so I can get mine for comparison.

Edited by Matth5

Haslips tyres in Panmure did mine. Did some pretty significant adjustments from what I had before. 

Alignment sheet attached. Disregard the ride height stuff. 

alignment.jpg

Should drive a bit nicer now, seems alot of toe in for the rear tyres considering the camber on BMWs always wears the inside edges at the rear you might find some premature wear especially if you have some wide ass tread.  personally id be wanting to sit on the lower side of the factory specs on the rear toe than the higher for this reason.

What issues you been having with the 335i?  I had to get rid of a E90 330i cos it kept having coolant leaks, fixed one wait a month then it has another one.  Disappointing cos mainly had good experiences the sixs in E46 330i and 2.5/3.0 Z4's.  

17 hours ago, devinerentals said:

What issues you been having with the 335i?  I had to get rid of a E90 330i cos it kept having coolant leaks, fixed one wait a month then it has another one.  

which would suggest you were only addressing the issue, not the problem!

Edited by Olaf

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

which would suggest you were only addressing the issue, not the problem!

Or using the wrong repairer

• Like 4

On 9/24/2016 at 4:41 PM, *Glenn* said:

Or using the wrong repairer

Where in Christchurch do I find the right repairers?!  Don't think you guys can do much from Auckland sorry:(