Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

E36 Final Stage Resistor

Hey Guys,

Just after a final stage resistor for my E36, fan is intermittent which is going to drive me crazy when I actually would like to use the air con.

So if anyone has a working one or can point me in the right direction, other than the dealer. It would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Have plenty here @ HELLBM

Isn't the cause of this also due to high current blower motors, due to debris blocking them.

I recall this was an issue, where people have been known to buy new units only for them to fail very quick because of the straining motor.

Might pay to check yours out and clean out the housing.

Isn't the cause of this also due to high current blower motors, due to debris blocking them.

I recall this was an issue, where people have been known to buy new units only for them to fail very quick because of the straining motor.

Might pay to check yours out and clean out the housing.

Yeah I think this is definitely the final stage, it works perfect sometimes then will stop, it comes on and off every 15 mins or so. If its not the final stage when I will know to dig deeper, just going for the most common fault first haha